Home

MLB 13 The Show - The Player Ratings Algorithm Has Changed, 17 Players Rated 99

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show - The Player Ratings Algorithm Has Changed, 17 Players Rated 99 within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2013, 12:52 AM   #113
Rookie

OVR: 3
Thanks for the info, Ramone.

To the puppets: try to remember your reaction today and think about it once you've gained some perspective. You've proven to everyone exactly how "mature" you are.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:56 AM   #114
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: MLB 13 The Show - The Player Ratings Algorithm Has Changed, 17 Players Rated 99

Interesting stuff. I wasn't aware there was that many highly rated players. Now looking back though, I can see how there was quite a few really overrated players. Good stuff guys, keep the good info coming!
Old 02-13-2013, 01:01 AM   #115
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 13 The Show - The Player Ratings Algorithm Has Changed, 17 Players Rated 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
I'm not preventing Ramone from answering this part but from the posts in the past the park factors are indeed in. It's hard to see the effect (just as they are in real life), but they are part of game when you don't sim. Something like wind effects can be pretty significant as well. The game really does consider a lot of real-life factors. Simming doesn't take into those as far as I know...
I think I don't notice it at Wrigley as much because maybe I turn down the wind as I really hate, mostly aesthetically, the way fielders will go into place and then the ball will curve an inordinate amount into their glove. I want to say someone said this was toned down a bit or maybe not. I thought someone talked about the wind in the game. Maybe I should keep it on default or turn it up to see it more as I'd say 30-40% of my games are at Wirgley and the wind would have the largest affect on the park factor their perhaps.

I'll keep an eye out this year playing, its just something I never could really tell because I assume that it doesn't take park factors into account simming. If you play as the Rockies maybe you notice it more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2013, 01:10 AM   #116
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
We think it's funny and is not changing. Also OS represents about 5% of the consumer base the 95% will be happy that you can see both now.
Some people need to keep that in mind while they read and post here..
Old 02-13-2013, 01:18 AM   #117
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonadom
Some people need to keep that in mind while they read and post here..
Ok, yes we represent maybe 5% of the sales for this game, so that means we aren't allowed to post any ideas or suggestions to the dev team? Most of us understand that our ideas are probably not going to be adopted. There are little things we can add, suggest, etc that could possibly help the dev team make a better, deeper game. The whole point of this forum is to voice opinions and talk about video games.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:32 AM   #118
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
I think I don't notice it at Wrigley as much because maybe I turn down the wind as I really hate, mostly aesthetically, the way fielders will go into place and then the ball will curve an inordinate amount into their glove. I want to say someone said this was toned down a bit or maybe not. I thought someone talked about the wind in the game. Maybe I should keep it on default or turn it up to see it more as I'd say 30-40% of my games are at Wirgley and the wind would have the largest affect on the park factor their perhaps.

I'll keep an eye out this year playing, its just something I never could really tell because I assume that it doesn't take park factors into account simming. If you play as the Rockies maybe you notice it more.
There are many who thought wind has been quite strong, but you have a choice of totally turning it off by slider (Wind = 0 means no wind at all).

Again, park factors are definitely in. It may not exactly mimic the real-life stadium effect (it's just the nature of simulation game), but park dimensions, altitude, and weather, etc. are all considered to varying degree. The game even considers player shapes, objects in the stadium and such (to calculate how the ball bounces, etc.)! It is quite an impressive simulation game.

I'm pretty sure that park factors are not considered very rigorously in simmed games... partly because simmed stats don't show strong park effects and also because the game cannot rigorously do it without loading the stadium info which is skipped when simming to save loading time.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:50 AM   #119
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
There are many who thought wind has been quite strong, but you have a choice of totally turning it off by slider (Wind = 0 means no wind at all).

Again, park factors are definitely in. It may not exactly mimic the real-life stadium effect (it's just the nature of simulation game), but park dimensions, altitude, and weather, etc. are all considered to varying degree. The game even considers player shapes, objects in the stadium and such (to calculate how the ball bounces, etc.)! It is quite an impressive simulation game.

I'm pretty sure that park factors are not considered very rigorously in simmed games... partly because simmed stats don't show strong park effects and also because the game cannot rigorously do it without loading the stadium info which is skipped when simming to save loading time.
Could park factors be taken into account when simming by just giving a boost/minus from player ratings? I'd assume if Coors gave players a small power boost simulated games would result in a higher HR factor over a season maybe.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:07 AM   #120
Rookie

OVR: 4

I guess if you dont like the ratings you can just edit them yourself

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »