Home

MLB 2K13 Pitcher Perfect Trailer (Screen Captures Included)

This is a discussion on MLB 2K13 Pitcher Perfect Trailer (Screen Captures Included) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2013, 08:12 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: MLB 2K13 Pitcher Perfect Trailer (Screen Captures Included)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansaint
since they won't have the license for next year...it's just a fresh coat of paint. That's it. Nothing new.

I'll still get it because it's the only option for me...but I can't wait to see who gets the license next year and what they'll do with it.

Take Two has said this game is a money drain for them...so they are just fulfilling their contract for this year.
12 is another option. Couple of guys are doing good things with last year's game. More than a couple to be fair but save your money and upgrade 12 or buy it cheap used then upgrade it. No way did they intend to come out with this game until their arms were twisted and if you think this game has been under development paying guys to do work on a game that wasn't even going to come out in this crap economy you are indeed very naive.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:25 PM   #18
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

What I don't get is why NBA 2K13 gets a pass for its visuals and MLB 2K13 does not. It looks like the same art team. It might come off as different when you're in an arena, with different camera angles, and possibly superior animations, etc... but I think both games pretty much have the same look in terms of player models and textures.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-15-2013, 08:35 PM   #19
MVP

kennyacid's Arena

OVR: 30
Nba 2k13 gets a pass from me because of its gameplay and animations, two things in which mlb 2k doesn't do well at to me. If your gonna move like a robot at lease look great doing it.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:37 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
What I don't get is why NBA 2K13 gets a pass for its visuals and MLB 2K13 does not. It looks like the same art team. It might come off as different when you're in an arena, with different camera angles, and possibly superior animations, etc... but I think both games pretty much have the same look in terms of player models and textures.
I think the uniform material looks much better in their NBA games. Also, player faces look better.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:37 PM   #21
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyacid
Nba 2k13 gets a pass from me because of its gameplay and animations, two things in which mlb 2k doesn't do well at to me. If your gonna move like a robot at lease look great doing it.
I guess I was referring to screencaps, but no I understand. I mean I think NBA 2K13 is a more stellar game and encapsulates the NBA better than MLB 2K13 encapsulates the MLB, but I think if you look at screenshots from both games, you couldn't honestly say that the artists weren't from the same group, if that makes sense.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2013, 09:28 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 18

I don't know how you can compare NBA to MLB. As much as I love NBA 2k11 13 blows it away graphically. The baseball franchise just looks and moves butt ugly. Only saving grace is the pitching mechanic and commentary.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:37 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 3

2K12 looks fine, but it's gameplay is what has sold me on it. Every complaint about its color palette, animations, and other visual effects just tells me that some people have a completely different set of priorities when playing video games.

I kind of wish they had kept last year's Perfect Game mechanic, where it was rated according to what pitcher you used and what team you faced. While I never really tried to win, it was kind of cool to go through match-ups and see how they rated.

But as I've mentioned before, this thread is another example of why 2K shouldn't waste a lot of time and money putting out pre-release videos and screenshots. There is a serious number of gamers that are ready to pounce and dominate any release by 2K with a barrage of snark. I swear it is as though 2K baseball ran over all of there dogs.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:53 PM   #24
MVP

El_MaYiMbE's Arena

OVR: 10

Wow....this looks like PS2 compared to MLB The Show.....I came to see if there has been any improvement since I last played the MLB 2K7.

I actually think it got worst....I do not know how its possible.
NBA 2K13 is amazing and NFL 2K series was awesome in its time. This makes no sense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »