Home

MLB 13 The Show Developer Journal - Play Now Rated

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Developer Journal - Play Now Rated within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2013, 12:36 PM   #17
Rookie

LAD1990's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Dev Journal: MLB 13 The Show Play Now Rated

This is a nice feature, I always seem to face CC Sabathia almost every game because people use the NYY a lot. But thats when I play exhibition online, I mostly stick to online leagues.

----------------------------
ps; Dear Mods, I was banned earlier for having a second account, and yes this is my third. I did NOT KNOW you couldn't have multiple usernames. If you could please unban my account "LABlueDuck" it would be great, I also donated like 20 minutes before I got banned >.<

PLEASE DON'T BAN THIS ACCOUNT I'M TRYING TO GET IN CONTACT WITH YOU GUYS SO I CAN GET MY "LABLUEDUCK" ACCOUNT BACK!
Old 02-18-2013, 01:10 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 0
Mehhh......
Old 02-18-2013, 02:20 PM   #19
Rookie

BrandH's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
DD is a joke as well guys maxing out there players to all 99's good luck with that in 13
You have never even played a game of DD. How do you know it is a joke?
Old 02-18-2013, 02:45 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 8
Awesome! I love this. No more using Ace pitchers all day.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:55 PM   #21
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandH
You have never even played a game of DD. How do you know it is a joke?
lol seen and talked to plenty of ppl and why do you think they had to change for 13 and put a cap on players
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2013, 02:55 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: MLB 13 The Show Developer Journal - Play Now Rated

Is this same system used for RANKED lobby matches? I hope so!
Old 02-18-2013, 06:01 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0
russel any new news on Online Leagues? there was supposed to be a dev blog but it was never posted or made!!!!!
Old 02-18-2013, 06:14 PM   #24
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: MLB 13 The Show Developer Journal - Play Now Rated

Quote:
Originally Posted by rays1118
russel any new news on Online Leagues? there was supposed to be a dev blog but it was never posted or made!!!!!
not a whole lot to say, what do you want to know?? From Nem at CD

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Online Leagues:When it comes to the Show and online there has always been this love-hate relationship.....ok mostly hate by many. Actually I thought the Show online in 12 showed the beginning steps of turning the corner by offering the online community a pretty stable experience. Another year has passed and online is further down the block offering some upgrades, more behind the scene work for stability and a general streamlining of leagues from setup to navigation.

The biggest thing you will notice from 12 is how quick things load up for your league as well as general browsing within it. The league portion of game is it own entity now and resides on the server. In the past the leagues had to access information from season and franchise on the disk and then interact with the server. This resulted in a lot of hang time as we watched our favorite loading icon spin. This could potentially help if issues crop up with leagues as it could be fixed server side instead of having to wait for a patch.

League setup follows the traditional path but the biggest thing you will see is that you finally get a true playoff setup like in the MLB. Of course the number of people you have in your league could alter this but the ability is there for you to have all the playoffs.

League setup would be as follows:

Name: Name of the league
League sign up: Public or Private
League Type: Divisional or Round Robin
Max Teams: Min(6) - Max(30)
Playoff Teams: Min(2) - (Max-8) At 12 teams or higher), (10 need 28-30 team league)
World Series Length: (1,3,5,7)
Championship Series Length: (1,3,5,7)
Division Series Length: (1,3,5,7)
Wild Card: Need to have at least a 28-30 team league to have this option.
Games per series: 1 or 3
Series per opponent: Number of series played by each team
Schedule Type: (Open, (Flex: Auto or Manual) or Series)
Flex Leeway: Sets the amount of Series' that are available for future play.
Minimum Skill: Rookie to Legend
Maximum Skill: Rookie to Legend
Team select: Commissioner's team choice
Player Draft: (On / Off)
DH Type: (Auto/ On / Off)
Allow Trades: (On / Off)
Trade Approval: (On / Off) Allows the league to vote on trades or just Commissioner approval.
Allow Free Agents: (On / Off)

Fact tidbits:

-Ping indicator shows up next to everyones name. It will be red, yellow or green based on their connection.

-Within the league you now have the ability to scrimmage other guys in your league. When you go into the schedule and highlight a day there will be an option to play that owner's team if they are on or you can scrimmage the team against the CPU . This option is great for a league who likes to run some spring training games before the season being able to use your league setup options. This is especially key for leagues that run drafts or use fictional players being able to get some practice games in.

-Classic stadiums are back for online!

-If you get disconnected playing a league game, stats and energy will reset. No longer will you have double stats or have to burn another pitcher to play the game again.

-The bug where the home team's settings overrode the visiting team's settings has been fixed.

-As stated before you can see everyones energy before entering a game.

-Online leagues get the same playoff presentation package.

-Stats are now broken out by season and playoffs. As far as stats go in general they have really streamlined and now shows the whole league of players where you can filter by position.

-A trade value bar replaces the interest bar that was in 12 that did not work. Now this bar evaluates which team is benefiting more in the deal.

-You can switch users and toggle CPU ownership from beginning to end now. Last year you could not switch users in the playoffs.

-Schedules for leagues have been all manually created by the development team. The schedule generator is gone and in going through some of schedules they looked very balanced.

Q & A:

I took some questions from the online thread and answered them here:

Injuries that work along with 15/60 Day DL?
Last year you could still use injured players, now when a player gets injured he is pulled and put on the DL. Also the DL will show the whole leagues players on the list.

Custom Cameras available for online?
No custom cameras for online but there are more default cameras to choose from.

HR derby available at launch?
Yes

Trading in MLB 12 with teams at 40 players and making one for one trades that would not go through unless teams were at 39 or less, nice to see this fixed or a prompt to make a necessary move.
It will alert you now if a move has to be made.

Similar to above with the trades and teams at 40 teams if teams have more than 40 players on roster they are still able to play games, but games will not record unless 40 or under. Another prompt will alert teams of this error
It will not allow the user to go over 40 players, so this issue should be resolved.

Do we have a true online franchise?
Currently season only. In talking with them franchise is the end goal, so they are aware people want this.

Has online graphics been improved? I understand they water it down somewhat for connection purposes, but for those of us that only play online we shouldnt have to suffer
They looked about the same to me.

Have the online matchup menus changed in any manner to help prevent users from "backing out" of an online head to head matchup?
For general play non ranked games you get the traditional matchup screen. For ranked games it will be following the DD type setup where you see just your lineup, you will also see the ping showing you how the connection will be against that opponent.

Can you guys confirm if the hot/cold left and right zones on the player card under manage roster in an Online League are no longer in reverse? Offline, the left and right zones are correct, but online they are in reverse - meaning the red and blue squares for facing a LHP are under RHP, instead of LHP.
This has been fixed. The hot and cold zones will also be dynamic in game now.

Will they have a Mic Icon beside users PSN names in the game lobbies for people that have their headsets turned on?
No, it will still show up in game though.

In closing as you can see many areas have been addressed. It looks like 13 will be a nice upgrade as far as leagues are concerned. I can't really comment on lag as the true test is when the game ships. Considering what 12 offered for online stability I am really looking forward to what 13 has in store for us. One thing to note, I kept hearing numerous times that having a wired connection was key. See you on the diamond!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »