Home

2K Sports Announces NBA 2K13/MLB 2K13 Combo Pack For $79.99

This is a discussion on 2K Sports Announces NBA 2K13/MLB 2K13 Combo Pack For $79.99 within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2013, 12:43 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: 2K Sports Announces NBA 2K13/MLB 2K13 Combo Pack For $79.99

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsrule
Still iffy on MLB 2k13 but I still haven't played NBA 2k13, so depending on how people judge the game on here/other sites I might pick this up. If not I'll just get NBA 2k13/MLB 2k12.
Yep, I'm with you. I need to wait and see if MLB 2k13 is worth getting or not. If it is, then this is a definite option for me.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:49 PM   #10
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
hmmm. wonder why they would raise the price of this deal when one of the games has no upgrades [allegedly] outide of a roster update.

The Jay Z Influence!
lol
I don't know the sales numbers for the combo pack last year, but I wonder how the price affected stand-alone sales of NBA 2K12 and MLB 2K12.

I'd like to make assumptions on how retailers reacted to the MSRP. I won't because I don't know, but I want to.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 02-19-2013, 12:58 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

Crappy deal.

NBA 2k13 can be had for $30 brand new, which would make MLB 2k13 a $50 game based on this combo pack. Nothing we know about MLB 2k13 leads me to believe it is not worth buying at a price anything close to that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2013, 01:03 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
Crappy deal.

NBA 2k13 can be had for $30 brand new, which would make MLB 2k13 a $50 game based on this combo pack. Nothing we know about MLB 2k13 leads me to believe it is not worth buying at a price anything close to that.
Where have you seen that deal?
The cheapest I've seen NBA is $39.99 at Bestbuy.

For me, I was willing to pay full price for MLB anyway so this is a sweet deal for me to jump on.
Futureshop (in Canada) has a trade-in deal giving $60 for 2 select games (including MLB2K12).
I'm trading that in so I'll be getting this combo for $20. Awesome!
Old 02-19-2013, 01:10 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Where have you seen that deal?
The cheapest I've seen NBA is $39.99 at Bestbuy.

For me, I was willing to pay full price for MLB anyway so this is a sweet deal for me to jump on.
Futureshop (in Canada) has a trade-in deal giving $60 for 2 select games (including MLB2K12).
I'm trading that in so I'll be getting this combo for $20. Awesome!
Amazon had 2k13 for $27 last week if I'm not mistaken. Microsoft and Sony are also offering it for $30 as a digital download.

As for the trade in deal at Future Shop. That's a great deal if you're able to get $60 for MLB 2k2 and another game. Can't fault you for jumping on that. $20 would be a steal for both.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:33 PM   #14
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

Quote:
Crappy deal.

That wouldn't be a crappy deal though if the game retails at $60 on release.

In terms of quality, different story possibly.

Sent from my mobile device.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 02-19-2013, 01:34 PM   #15
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

Quote:
Amazon had 2k13 for $27 last week if I'm not mistaken. Microsoft and Sony are also offering it for $30 as a digital download.

As for the trade in deal at Future Shop. That's a great deal if you're able to get $60 for MLB 2k2 and another game. Can't fault you for jumping on that. $20 would be a steal for both.
Amazon still has NBA 2K13 for $30. But only for the PS3.

Sent from my mobile device.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2013, 02:47 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0
This is their idea of a bargain? 1) A lot of us baseball fans already own NBA 2k13. 2) Cover athlete is NOT a reason to buy a sports game, just like having spin magazine pick your soundtrack and MLB season today is not a reason to buy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »