Home

MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2013, 02:15 PM   #65
Rookie

Bp2 Triz's Arena

OVR: 5
Hoping the tribe moves into the high teens w/ the addition of bourn... looking forward to the season
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2013, 02:22 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 0
They've always been horrible. But Red Sox at 3???????? Pls
Old 02-22-2013, 02:23 PM   #67
Rookie

giantsharks's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerFanatic2K3
They're ranked 17th because they didn't make any changes to improve

Just because they won it all doesn't mean they should be the best team overall
. So why do they even play baseball then? To quote the great herman edwards, they play to win the game! The giants won the world series, so they are the best team overall. Theyve won two out of the last 3 world series and they get 17th? I know the lineup has changed but the pitching staff is almost identical. The cardinals and giants are a very similar and cardinals are at 2. Cardinals have a better line up but the giants are definitely better then the red sox, rangers, phillies, yankees, rockies, white sox, diamondbacks and rays. I mean cmon, ill even give your dodgers credit, they look better on paper, but that didnt get them very far last year.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:27 PM   #68
Pro

Yanks22's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curahee
I dont know who he is, but I know when I worked at Game Crazy we got games up to 10 days early. It was VERY easy for us to play them pre-release.

Some mom & pop shops sell them early too. I guess they dont care about release dates.
Oh I know all that I've gotten the show early many times. I just wonder where he lives.
NHL: Rangers
Old 02-22-2013, 02:29 PM   #69
Banned

OVR: 4
Detroits Defense is less, although adding Hunter helped. THe pitching is way better than 13
Old 02-22-2013, 02:29 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGamingBlake
I wonder when people will start to realize that the team who made the biggest splash in the offseason doesn't have to be one of the top rated teams and is not guaranteed to win (Marlins, Angels 2012). I mean, Braves, Jays, and Red Sox are too high. Defending champs at 17? Seriously? So those ratings are basically saying that they got lucky last year?
I totally agree. Read my post from above. The Giants have an ATROCIOUS bench. So therefore the fact they have Sandoval, Posey, Pence at 3-4-5 in the order means nothing for the show team ratings.

Also, the reason they are only ranked #9 in pitching (should be higher) is because the show goes too much off a closers overall when determining a teams overall pitching ranking. So even though the Giants have a very good bullpen in the middle/late innings (6th, 7th, 8th inning), they don't have a stud closer anymore (because of Wilson's injury problems recently)...and this is why they most likely ranked 9th in pitching in mlb 13 the show
Old 02-22-2013, 02:29 PM   #71
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanks22
Oh I know all that I've gotten the show early many times. I just wonder where he lives.
Im gonna take a stab in the dark and say NY or at least East Coast.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2013, 02:33 PM   #72
Pro

Yanks22's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curahee
Im gonna take a stab in the dark and say NY or at least East Coast.
I live in NY called up the shop I usually grab it early from today. They said call a couple days before next weekend.
NHL: Rangers

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »