Home

MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2013, 02:34 PM   #73
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanks22
I live in NY called up the shop I usually grab it early from today. They said call a couple days before next weekend.
Did you check any open trunk shops?
Fell off the truck specials?
Old 02-22-2013, 02:39 PM   #74
Pro

Yanks22's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curahee
Did you check any open trunk shops?
Fell off the truck specials?
Haven't gotten around to that
NHL: Rangers
Old 02-22-2013, 02:44 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by detfan
Detroits Defense is less, although adding Hunter helped. THe pitching is way better than 13
Detroit's pitching is terrific. Yes...But they are ranked 13th once again in mlb 13 because they do not have a stud closer currently (relying on a rookie/phil coke)...and since the show goes too much of a closers overall to determine a teams overall pitching; it's why they are 13th...

the evidence is overwhelming. these teams are all ranked ahead of the tigers in pitching overall and all have stud closers. (which is part of the reason they are ranked so high in pitching)

Philly - Paplebon
Nationals - Storen/Soriano
Braves - Kimbrel
Cards - Motte
Rays - Rodney
Yanks - Rivera
Red Sox - Hanrahan
Reds - Chapman

Now I would say the Tigers have better pitching than at least the Red Sox for example. But Joel Hanrahan is coming off of 2 great years as a closer. Tigers have questions at closer. Therefore, that's why you have Red Sox ranked 10th in pitching in mlb 13 and Tigers ranked 13th.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2013, 02:53 PM   #76
Rookie

giantsharks's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officerbill8
Detroit's pitching is terrific. Yes...But they are ranked 13th once again in mlb 13 because they do not have a stud closer currently (relying on a rookie/phil coke)...and since the show goes too much of a closers overall to determine a teams overall pitching; it's why they are 13th...

the evidence is overwhelming. these teams are all ranked ahead of the tigers in pitching overall and all have stud closers. (which is part of the reason they are ranked so high in pitching)

Philly - Paplebon
Nationals - Storen/Soriano
Braves - Kimbrel
Cards - Motte
Rays - Rodney
Yanks - Rivera
Red Sox - Hanrahan
Reds - Chapman

Now I would say the Tigers have better pitching than at least the Red Sox for example. But Joel Hanrahan is coming off of 2 great years as a closer. Tigers have questions at closer. Therefore, that's why you have Red Sox ranked 10th in pitching in mlb 13 and Tigers ranked 13th.
i think detroit has a better pitching staff as a whole then everyone on that list except maybe the cards, braves and nats. Maybe the phillies if the starters can regain their form. I feel like papelbon is overrated, but maybe thats just me
Old 02-22-2013, 02:54 PM   #77
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

It's going to be a long year with those rankings for the Metsies. I honestly don't see them being as bad as everybody says they are. Solid Rotation, Good Infield, Okay Bullpen, and even with the Bad Outfield, if guys like Duda and Kirk have good seasons, it won't be this bad. But since we are not the Yankees, everybody thinks they are the worst team in baseball above the Astros when in reality, they aren't close. I don't see this team losing 100 games. If everybody stays healthy and plays up to their talent level, I see them winning about 80 games.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:57 PM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 1
Wait wait wait... what?
Old 02-22-2013, 03:06 PM   #79
Banned

OVR: 3
Wow redsox overrated, the dodgers need to be higher and I ain't being biased they are top 5 at least.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:10 PM   #80
Rookie

imfletcher00's Arena

OVR: 1

Giants get undervalued again...who'd of seen that coming?

They should be top 5 in Pitching considering they have won two of three years with it.

I suppose its better this way than them being ranked like 4th in team batting in 2011 the Show. Even I couldn't stand with that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »