Home

MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2013, 04:08 PM   #97
Banned

mpejkrm's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdncurrency
RED SOX

Key departures: IF Mike Aviles, RHP Aaron Cook, IF Ivan DeJesus Jr, 1B James Loney, RHP Daisuke Matsuzaka, RHP Mark Melancon, RHP Vicente Padilla, OF Scott Podsednik, OF Cody Ross, OF Jerry Sands, 3B Danny Valencia

Key arrivals: RHP Ryan Dempster, SS Stephen Drew, OF Jonny Gomes, RHP Joel Hanrahan, 1B/C Mike Napoli, C David Ross, RHP Koji Uehara, OF Shane Victorino

You can't deny they got better this offseason. Top 5 better? Well those names have a lot of star power. I'm not too upset they're 'above' the Jays *shudder*

Star power? Mike Napoli and Hammer sure, but Napoli has struggled and Hanrahan has adjusted to PNC Park. The rest of those names don't excite me. They got better, but they are top-20 team, not a top-3 team.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:10 PM   #98
Pro

ScouserHUN's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

As a Red Sox fan, I'm a bit suprised about the ratings, but after a long thinking it seems logical.

A lot of the Red Sox players had down years in 2012: Ellsbury, Victorino, Napoli, Lester, Buchholz, Bard. Pedroia was injured a lot, and Big Papi only played half of the games. Add to that Lackey, who was pretty bad in 2011, but was a good pitcher before.

So, I think they made those players better then they were in 2012, because Lester is clearly not a 5.0 ERA pitcher ect... If you look at the Red Sox starters they were pretty good in 2011 and before:

Lester: potentially an ACE, but a solid NO 2 at least
Buchholz: same as Lester
Dempster: good no 3
Lackey: good in 2009 and before
Doubront: high strikeout rate, rookie

This is a very good rotation if you look at Carrer stats, instead of 2012.

Just look at MIke Napoli, he hit .320 in 2011, then .220 in 2012. how good he will be? Probably between the two, slightly even better. Ellsbury had an MVP caliber season in 2011, then injury hit in 2012.

If you look at these players, pre 2012, then you get a top 5 team in the Show...

Real life will tell, if these players are going to bounce back or not, but game makers have to rely on carrer stats, instead just 1 year, and of course they can't tell the future.

So I think this list is just fine, but with OSFM rosters there will be no problems

Last edited by ScouserHUN; 02-22-2013 at 04:16 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:13 PM   #99
Rookie

earp4530's Arena

OVR: 5
There is no way Boston should be 3rd overall, Idc what anyone says about getting Hanrahan & Napoli that could barely pass a physical and had a bad 2012.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:18 PM   #100
Rookie

OVR: 1

its kinda frustrating to me because i think the Jays should be higher up..Definantly higher then red sox.

I just think its crazy that the team that has the best odds according to vegas(dont know if they still are this was a couple weeks ago) is not even ranked top 3.

but if the way they rank players on here is still the same then i understand why they are not ranked higher
Old 02-22-2013, 04:18 PM   #101
MVP

OVR: 14

Relax, guys. Sheesh.

And for what its worth, Giants ERA on the road is pretty bad. Don't let park factors fool you. They won the world series because their offense was hot and guys like Ross, Scutaro, and Panda were smoking the ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2013, 04:19 PM   #102
MVP

OVR: 32
Well, another year and another great challenge for me to steer my hometown Astros from worse to a little less worse .

I am surprised at the D rating actually, but considering how many runs we give up - you must have to be able to get better a fielding due to the sheer number of hits LOL.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:28 PM   #103
Rookie

OVR: 1

i understand SF fans disappointment because they won WS. I dont think they should be ranked to high just because they won the world series but i think they are ranked to low.

They are just above average in terms of skill in my opinion they just seem to pull it together when it matters most.

I think they should be ranked 10-13
Old 02-22-2013, 04:29 PM   #104
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdncurrency
ORIOLES

Key departures: 2B Robert Andino, OF Endy Chavez, OF Bill Hall, DH Nick Johnson, IF Omar Quintanilla, 1B/3B Mark Reynolds, LHP Joe Saunders, DH Jim Thome, LHP Randy Wolf

Key arrivals: IF Alexi Casilla, 1B Travis Ishikawa, RHP Jair Jurrjens, UT Yamaico Navarro, OF Trayvon Robinson, 3B Danny Valencia

even with the improvement of Machado...the O's regressed this offseason IMO.

What???

Robert Andino = average at best.
Endy Chavez = sucked!
Bill Hall = hardly played so we don't know how that would have turned out.
Nick Johnson = retired and also missed more games than he played lol.
Omar Quintanilla = Good player
Mark Reynolds = yes this one hurts losing.
Joe Saunders = another average pitcher.
Jim Thome = time to hang it up. Not the same player when he was in his prime.
Randy Wolf = His surgery played a factor here.

As for those they added, I don't think you can say it was a regression. I think Management especially Buck likes what he has so therefore they didn't go crazy in the offseason.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »