Home

MLB 13 The Show - The Player Ratings Algorithm Has Changed, 17 Players Rated 99

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show - The Player Ratings Algorithm Has Changed, 17 Players Rated 99 within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2013, 11:48 AM   #249
MVP

sink4ever's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: MLB 13 The Show - The Player Ratings Algorithm Has Changed, 17 Players Rated 99

So here's the thing for the people complaining about who does/doesn't have a 99 overall. If the game ships and you buy it and sim/play a season and that player's stats are spot-on, does it really matter if they're rated higher/lower than another player? It's really just a number. As long as the game plays/sims correctly, is there really any reason to get all upset about it?
Old 02-22-2013, 04:42 PM   #250
MVP

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 13 The Show - The Player Ratings Algorithm Has Changed, 17 Players Rated 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by sink4ever
So here's the thing for the people complaining about who does/doesn't have a 99 overall. If the game ships and you buy it and sim/play a season and that player's stats are spot-on, does it really matter if they're rated higher/lower than another player?
Correct, but it looks silly.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:51 PM   #251
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolpete
Correct, but it looks silly.
Why ? The Show's overall player rating is not a simple average of the player's attribute ratings. It's not silly. It's just different.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2013, 11:16 AM   #252
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sink4ever
So here's the thing for the people complaining about who does/doesn't have a 99 overall. If the game ships and you buy it and sim/play a season and that player's stats are spot-on, does it really matter if they're rated higher/lower than another player? It's really just a number. As long as the game plays/sims correctly, is there really any reason to get all upset about it?
I think part of it is that people feel a player does not deserve a 99 or another player deserves it because that 99 will reflect in the simmed stats. They see Strasburg at 99 and expect him to have 99 type stats, like a pitcher like Verlander who is also 99. It brings about comparisons when players max out at 99 like this I can understand why people would feel that way.

Is it not understandable that a person would be upset about Chapman and Strasburg being 99 and potentially having 99 type stats when they do not believe they will have those type of stats this season? Its a thread on a forum dedicated to a sports game, this is what people want to argue about so what's the harm in letting them do so?
Old 02-23-2013, 11:20 AM   #253
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
I think part of it is that people feel a player does not deserve a 99 or another player deserves it because that 99 will reflect in the simmed stats. They see Strasburg at 99 and expect him to have 99 type stats, like a pitcher like Verlander who is also 99. It brings about comparisons when players max out at 99 like this I can understand why people would feel that way.

Is it not understandable that a person would be upset about Chapman and Strasburg being 99 and potentially having 99 type stats when they do not believe they will have those type of stats this season? Its a thread on a forum dedicated to a sports game, this is what people want to argue about so what's the harm in letting them do so?

OMG numbered ratings need to go away.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 02-23-2013, 11:27 AM   #254
Rookie

cavs25's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:

You have been complaining every year right?
Old 02-23-2013, 11:40 AM   #255
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavs25
You have been complaining every year right?
This wasn't a complaint. I don't really care about the number ratings since they will be heavily edited by me or other roster makers before I go into any mode. But looking at the posts in this thread I completely understand why everyone has arguments one way or the other. People feared the number ratings would cause this and I think people should understand that some people care about them and its not like those people have no reason to care about the ratings. They will affect online play, that should be noted so for those into online modes the ratings matter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2013, 12:15 PM   #256
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
This wasn't a complaint. I don't really care about the number ratings since they will be heavily edited by me or other roster makers before I go into any mode. But looking at the posts in this thread I completely understand why everyone has arguments one way or the other. People feared the number ratings would cause this and I think people should understand that some people care about them and its not like those people have no reason to care about the ratings. They will affect online play, that should be noted so for those into online modes the ratings matter.
I'm not saying you were complaining.
I also agree about editing.

M.K.
Knight165

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »