Home

MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2013, 07:32 PM   #145
Rookie

imfletcher00's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
So I was waiting for UPS to deliver my copy.....saw the truck and asked the assistant of the driver is my Show copy was here..
I was all excited because it looked like it....then...

M.K.
Knight165
You get a fancy pre-release copy?

Nice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2013, 07:36 PM   #146
Pr*

ELDoro's Arena

OVR: 12
How are the Redsox better than the Jays, Nationals, and Reds?
Old 02-22-2013, 07:36 PM   #147
Bat
what

Bat's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

Mariners are an awesome defense team.. Why are they ranked at 23? They are a top 3 defensive team. Well when Morse isn't in the field...
Old 02-22-2013, 07:38 PM   #148
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
So I was waiting for UPS to deliver my copy.....saw the truck and asked the assistant of the driver is my Show copy was here..
I was all excited because it looked like it....then...

M.K.
Knight165
YES! Encino Man reference, best movie ever!
Old 02-22-2013, 07:38 PM   #149
MVP

OVR: 14

I'm surprised not a lot of people complaining about Detroit.

In the AL, they finished with 7th best record, 7h best run differential, losing road record, losing record outside the Central, all this despite playing in the weakest division and getting to beat up KC, Cle, Min, and an average Chi. They might have the worst defense in AL, and are slow everywhere. They get an easy playoff road and have Verlander and Miggy/Prince so people think they are some juggernaut.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:40 PM   #150
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
How in god's name did this kid even get the game?

As for the rankings, just a big FYI, those rankings are based on averages from the ENTIRE roster. I repeat, the ENTIRE roster. Did you get that? Rostiré enteró . Not just the important guys. Not just the 1-9 starters. Everyone. Yeah even that weird guy with the curly mustache that hasn't pitched since May. Yes, him.

Let's say, hypothetically, the Texas Rangers are the best team in real-life baseball. But in their bullpen, there's one particular guy, let's call him Oliver Perez. This guy is absolutely terrible. Can't pitch at all. Now in real life that is pretty much meaningless. Managers will just avoid using him in any and all important situations. Maybe he's out of minor league 'options' and they are just biding their time waiting to release him.

In The Show however, that guy's terrible overall rating of, say, 30, is going to bring the ENTIRE pitching overall from a 98 to maybe an 83 (A pitching staff is only like 12 people).

Then that in turn is going to bring the team's overall ranking from like a 97 to perhaps a 90.
Bobhead...

Question for you...regarding fielder reactions...does it pertain to only infielders or does it affect outfielders as well...

For example....someone like Brett Gardner (if you go by Range on Fangraphs)...he should be a 99 on the "reaction attribute"

My question (outfielders only)...is there any difference on the jump a 99 reaction Brett Gardner gets to go chase down than the baseball in mlb the show than someone who is a 40-50 reaction attribute (like Jonny Gomes)...???

Does anyone else know this answer?
Old 02-22-2013, 07:50 PM   #151
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisB
I'm surprised not a lot of people complaining about Detroit.

In the AL, they finished with 7th best record, 7h best run differential, losing road record, losing record outside the Central, all this despite playing in the weakest division and getting to beat up KC, Cle, Min, and an average Chi. They might have the worst defense in AL, and are slow everywhere. They get an easy playoff road and have Verlander and Miggy/Prince so people think they are some juggernaut.
Victor Martinez? Alex Avila? Torii Hunter? Scherzer?

Do you even watch the Tigers? Apparently not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2013, 07:55 PM   #152
Pro

OVR: 12

Wow...so I must of been dreaming when I saw the Giants win the World Series last year. I guess it just didn't happen. That's a bummer because I was hoping they would go for the Dynasty label this year. It's ok though, the Dodgers pretty much won this division last year. And the Reds beat the Giants in 2 games. And the Cards knocked them out after 4. And the number one rated team, well they had a lead there for a moment.

I mean, this is a joke right? Arizona, LAD, and Colorado...Colorado!! Are all ranked ahead of the World Champs. They better go look at their rating system quickly and figure out what went wrong!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »