Home

MLB 13 The Show Player Ratings For Every Team

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Player Ratings For Every Team within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2013, 12:59 PM   #49
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: MLB 13 The Show Player Ratings For Every Team

I say with confidence that Hector Noesi is about 20 points too high lol. I'm surprised Iwa and Erasmo got some love, usually guys who start in the pen and finish in the rotation get shafted, not so in this case. Seager and Smoak should swap, and I'm pretty sure I'll be boosting Ryan's D, he was a B+ last year after properly rating his defense. Maybe the same with Guti too...

I'm guessing 70 is ML average?

Also, looks like K/9 for starters is roughly real life K/9 - 10

Last edited by seanjeezy; 02-25-2013 at 01:05 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:05 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rts5002
50 point difference in OBP and 100 point difference in SLG is a HUGE difference, plus Rizzo having an OPS of just a hair over .800 is average at best for a 1B, Trout having an OPS of over 1.000 is so far above average for a CF it isn't even funny. I know you're a Rizzo fan, but I think they got it right.

I think I recall Ramone saying that Trout is more like a 110 or 115. And once he progresses more in Franchise Mode (and IRL) he is going to be the nastiest players of his generation hands down.
Actually I'm not being bias in any way, more to the point, how can anyone be rated a 99 after only one year? Sure Trout had a great year, hopefully he will have many more (just bought my 8 year old a MT auto BBall with "ROY" on it in the hopes that he WILL have a fantastic career) so not i'm not a (Rizzo fanboy) all I am saying is that 79 to 99 is WAY TOO MUCH! Maybe by MLB 15 if Trout has a 50/50 season and Rizzo is still an .800 OPS THEN a 99 to 79 would be acceptable, but not after ONE YEAR!
Old 02-25-2013, 01:11 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 1
Boston: 5 players on this list
NY: 9 players on this list

Boston overall: 3rd
NY overall: 11th

Logic? lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2013, 01:15 PM   #52
Rookie

DanH35's Arena

OVR: 2

I love seeing Allen Craig getting some ratings love. I think Beltran being a 98 seems a bit high, but all that really matters is what the individual skill ratings are and I look forward to seeing what those are.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:20 PM   #53
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyMac

Logic? lol.
I commented on this when the team ratings came out LOL. I said after the big Boston/LA trade "Well at least MLB the Show can't rate Boston in the top 5 next year"......now I'm just kinda like
Old 02-25-2013, 01:22 PM   #54
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8

When I look at these lists and I see the older players who are still highly rated, I immediately thing HGH. A guy like Beltre could be totally clean, but his resergence over the last few years just reaks of steroids. Same with Beltrans season last year. Both could be totally clean, but this is baseballs image now. Everyone outside the norm, especially those that do it when they are older, is in question.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:23 PM   #55
Banned

In MLB The Show 11 Ubaldo Jimeniz was given the "Top Pitcher Award"
But only 2 years later he is rated an 81.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2013, 01:23 PM   #56
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyMac

Logic? lol.
My guess would be that while the Yankees have higher rated top-end players, there is a combination of the ratings gap not being that large (in other words, the difference between an 88 and 84 isn't going to sway much) and perhaps the lower-end guys being lower on the Yanks. IN other words, the differences in top-end players don't necessarily reflect the averages of the teams top to bottom. That's assuming that is indeed how team ratings are calculated. I never pay much attention to them, as they don't mean all that much anyway.

EDIT: To be clear, that is not a justification of the Sox being ranked 3rd. I'm only commenting on the 9-5 margin of top-rated players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »