Home

MLB 13 The Show Player Ratings For Every Team

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Player Ratings For Every Team within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2013, 01:24 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 13 The Show Player Ratings For Every Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman87GT
Much better than the team rankings we saw last week.

The only thing I'm going to question is why Jim Johnson is at 85
THANK YOU

85 rated is a JOKE!!

seriously, anyone who watches baseball and/or uses sabermetrics like me can see how wrong that rating is...
Old 02-25-2013, 01:25 PM   #58
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyMac
Boston: 5 players on this list
NY: 9 players on this list

Boston overall: 3rd
NY overall: 11th

Logic? lol.

Right...because we all know that having the one or two more top rated players ALWAYS means your a better team and are going to win the W.S.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 02-25-2013, 01:30 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Right...because we all know that having the one or two more top rated players ALWAYS means your a better team and are going to win the W.S.

M.K.
Knight165
Who said that? Im simply stating that they have more higher rated players which should boost their overall......and players not on the list for the Yankees outside of that 9 also include pettitte, kuroda, gardner, hughes, robertson, chamberlain, nunez...... who are probably all in the 80'
s...... Im just trying to figure out the discrepency that makes Boston 3rd and NY 11th. That's the biggest gripe I have with the team ratings.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:33 PM   #60
MVP

bp4baseball's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:

M.K.
Knight165
Yes the Padres have that one figured out. They know having a superstar doesn't always equal success so we are sticking with our intimidating lineup, not being tricked by those tempting free agents
Old 02-25-2013, 01:39 PM   #61
Rookie

Nooooovak's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondsfan
A guy like Beltre could be totally clean, but his resergence over the last few years just reaks of steroids.
He went from playing in the gigantic Safeco Field to playing in two much smaller parks (Fenway and Arlington). There hasn't been any 'resurgence', he just went back to playing in a place that didn't kill right handers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2013, 01:39 PM   #62
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
When I look at these lists and I see the older players who are still highly rated, I immediately thing HGH. A guy like Beltre could be totally clean, but his resergence over the last few years just reaks of steroids. Same with Beltrans season last year. Both could be totally clean, but this is baseballs image now. Everyone outside the norm, especially those that do it when they are older, is in question.
You know the other day I was watching the MLB Chanel and they were talking about how even back in the 30's some of the bigger names would start to drop off and then bounce back again. EG: Tris Speaker. At the age of 31 his OPS was .828 and his BA was a .296. But at the age of 32 his OPS was 1.045 and his BA was .388. There were plenty of examples of that also.
But yes, I know what you mean, look at how much weight Mike Trout has put on since he was drafted. Is it legit? I really do hope so, but now there will always be that doubt every time someone puts on weight and has a good year. Or look at RB, the dude doesn't look like he is on anything, but his name is all over the place.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:30 PM   #63
Rookie

Quote:

M.K.
Knight165
Haha exactly, look no further than Philadelphia and Boston at this time last year. Both were 'World Series Locks'...we all know how that turned out...
Old 02-25-2013, 02:33 PM   #64
Rookie

Quote:
When I look at these lists and I see the older players who are still highly rated, I immediately thing HGH. A guy like Beltre could be totally clean, but his resergence over the last few years just reaks of steroids. Same with Beltrans season last year. Both could be totally clean, but this is baseballs image now. Everyone outside the norm, especially those that do it when they are older, is in question.
I view it more in that these older players with higher overalls are going to drop a lot after a year or two in franchise mode, moreso than in previous years' games, where as these younger guys are going to be progressing more accurately than in previous versions. I think everyone's worries will be put to rest in just over a week when we get our hands on the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »