Home

MLB 13 The Show Player Ratings For Every Team

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Player Ratings For Every Team within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2013, 09:33 PM   #89
Banned

assclown25's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: MLB 13 The Show Player Ratings For Every Team

Thank God for the ability to edit player, cause as I've stated before NO ONE deserves a 99 overall! Every player has their flaws. I like how the rosters look otherwise though. Another great job by the SCEA Team. Bring on March 5th!
Old 02-25-2013, 10:24 PM   #90
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by assclown25
Thank God for the ability to edit player, cause as I've stated before NO ONE deserves a 99 overall! Every player has their flaws. I like how the rosters look otherwise though. Another great job by the SCEA Team. Bring on March 5th!
Some would say that a 99 overall is the cap because it prevents any player from having a perfect rating of 100. Also, not every 99 rated player has all of their attributes maxed out, do they? That shows flaws in a player's game in it's own right.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:49 PM   #91
Rookie

dcmantommy72's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydrogerdavid
Some would say that a 99 overall is the cap because it prevents any player from having a perfect rating of 100. Also, not every 99 rated player has all of their attributes maxed out, do they? That shows flaws in a player's game in it's own right.

The argument against having anybody at 99 is that they are already at the "cap" of an overall rating and since this game is played with a franchise mode that can span a decade people like to see if Strasburg can get even better say 5 years from now but sadly his ovr will never increase. The ovr number should not be capped at all imo, and should certainly be based on 0-100 but if a player is seriously outperforming his peers year after year his "value" and his "skill" should increase as time progresses. Not be capped to last years stats. Does he have the same skill or "value" as say Nolan Ryan at his peek? No. But 3 or 4 years from now he could wind up having better stats than Ryan and should therefore it be reflected on his OVR rating. Always putting the BEST ahead of everyone else. For example lets say in your franchise Strasburg ends up with a 1.93 ERA after your first season, well thats a hell of a leap from having a 3.16 ERA last year, sooo he improved didnt he?? Since when did we cap human ability?

It's just something that I hope is looked at for the future. No big deal, will just have to edit some people back a notch or two. (Or if everyone in the game could be notched back about 5 points it could solve it)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2013, 10:55 PM   #92
Banned

assclown25's Arena

OVR: 7

Great point! My main issue is guys like Pujols (injury) Hamilton (horrible last 6wks) Tulo (out half the year) etc. i dont understand how these players can be rated a 99? Anyways its an easy solve cause we can edit rosters the way we like just tryin to get my point across and some will agree with me and some wont.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:09 PM   #93
Rookie

philmnn's Arena

OVR: 0
Jim Johnson isn't in the top 10 closers...?
Old 02-25-2013, 11:10 PM   #94
Rookie

Nooooovak's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmantommy72
The argument against having anybody at 99 is that they are already at the "cap" of an overall rating and since this game is played with a franchise mode that can span a decade people like to see if Strasburg can get even better say 5 years from now but sadly his ovr will never increase.
From what I understand, it is just the number that caps, but you can still significantly improve them. If you have a player with completely maxed out stats, obviously he will be listed as a 99 overall, but he will probably play like a guy who is 110 or so. This is why I don't like the number ratings, specifically in terms of the overall rating. People put way too much emphasis on a single number, rather than the player's entire collection of attributes.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:11 PM   #95
Rookie

philmnn's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by philmnn
Jim Johnson isn't in the top 10 closers...?
wait that list has 18 closers and Jim Johnson isn't even on it. good thing ratings are changeable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2013, 11:12 PM   #96
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think 99% of the ratings are spot on. The few that make me scratch my head are Tom Wilhelmsen at a 93, Erasmo Ramirez at a 87, Clayton Richard at a 77 (Was by far best starter for Padres last year) and Kris Medlen, I mean he had one good half of a season and is ranked higher than Jered Weaver! Other than that, my applause to the SECA team!

Padres / Angels / Ducks / Clippers / 49ers

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »