Home

MLB 13 The Show Trophies List Revealed

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Trophies List Revealed within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2013, 03:05 AM   #17
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 13 The Show Trophies List Revealed

I hope you can do a lot of these, such as the hit by pitch trophies and other hitting trophies, in RTTS even though you are technically fast forwarding to your next at bat.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:01 AM   #18
Rookie

wozamil's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver
Almost all of them must be completed against the CPU without fast forwarding.
I hope that doesn't include Playback Time and Disrespected. The number of times I got intentionally walked or HBP were so little, that to have to follow up each of these events with a timely HR would be nearly impossible. Unless you coded these events differently this year and it'll happen more frequently.

Wish these could have at least been done in a online matchups. The game is much more fun with friends.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:10 AM   #19
Developer

Woodweaver's Arena

OVR: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by wozamil
I hope that doesn't include Playback Time and Disrespected. The number of times I got intentionally walked or HBP were so little, that to have to follow up each of these events with a timely HR would be nearly impossible. Unless you coded these events differently this year and it'll happen more frequently.

Wish these could have at least been done in a online matchups. The game is much more fun with friends.

I agree, but unfortunately most of the trophies would be a little easy to pick up with a willing HUM opponent or say just setting up a second controller under a cheater's control. It's much cooler to have a trophy in your collection if you know no one can just cheese it into their collection too, no?
Old 02-26-2013, 11:13 AM   #20
Developer

Woodweaver's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrplum
I hope you can do a lot of these, such as the hit by pitch trophies and other hitting trophies, in RTTS even though you are technically fast forwarding to your next at bat.

Many of them you can as long as they make sense. Like not requiring multiple players (i.e. one's not under your control) to do "something" to fulfill trophy requirements.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:50 AM   #21
Rookie

wozamil's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
I agree, but unfortunately most of the trophies would be a little easy to pick up with a willing HUM opponent or say just setting up a second controller under a cheater's control. It's much cooler to have a trophy in your collection if you know no one can just cheese it into their collection too, no?
I agree about not being able to "cheese it" (I love that term), but there needs to be a better balance between an extremely rare circumstances and something a little more achievable.

The first time I have runners on second and third with one out, with the number number 8 hitter at the box ,with the pitcher on deck, early in the game, and I don't get the intentional walk... I'll be angry. And if I do get the intentional walk, I'll go against all baseball wisdom and pinch hit for my pitcher.

Quote:
Many of them you can as long as they make sense. Like not requiring multiple players (i.e. one's not under your control) to do "something" to fulfill trophy requirements.
so Sitting Dead Red can be done in RTTS because it's just one player, but Winning Combo or Quick Thinking can't because it requires 2 players, correct?

Last edited by wozamil; 02-26-2013 at 11:56 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2013, 12:01 PM   #22
Developer

Woodweaver's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wozamil
I agree about not being able to "cheese it" (I love that term), but there needs to be a better balance between an extremely rare circumstances and something a little more achievable.

The first time I have runners on second and third with one out, with the number number 8 hitter at the box ,with the pitcher on deck, early in the game, and I don't get the intentional walk... I'll be angry. And if I do get the intentional walk, I'll go against all baseball wisdom and pinch hit for my pitcher.

so Sitting Dead Red can be done in RTTS because it's just one player, but Winning Combo or Quick Thinking can't because it requires 2 players, correct?
Weird, something wrong w/Tapatalk... In the thread view, your last section just says, "What?" But when quoted, it appears like it does above even after a "pull down" refresh...?

In any case, your last section above is correct.

EDIT: ok, after I posted it now appears correctly.

Last edited by Woodweaver; 02-26-2013 at 12:04 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:29 PM   #23
Crunchy

Mabster's Arena

OVR: 7
Thanks for the clarity Woodweaver and also thanks (to whoever is responsible) for getting this list out early. In years past we've scrambled to get a glimpse of the list before release date.

Old 02-26-2013, 03:20 PM   #24
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

The specific home run trophies will be tough. It's not exactly easy to aim a homer at the RF foul pole.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »