Home

MLB 13 The Show Player Ratings For Every Team

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Player Ratings For Every Team within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2013, 04:46 AM   #113
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: MLB 13 The Show Player Ratings For Every Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedFastball
And you are missing my point
If people disagree that Pujols should be a 99 than why is he? If they (the Devs) don't say "Oh, Pujols should be a 99" than what did they say? Why IS he a 99? Don't tell me how I'm missing someone else's point, when you are missing mine
Because I have edited and trained enough players in DD to know what constitutes a 99 at the 1b position. I am guessing they most likely put his contact and plate disc higher than what it should be. As for centerfielders and SS's....it is really easy to make them 99's. It really is about speed, defense, baserunning, and contact for them.

You may be right though. I haven't seen his individual ratings. He may have things like durability, base running aggressiveness, and clutch be 90+ which doesn't do much for gameplay, but would certainly boost his overall.

Here is what Trout's and Pujols' offensive ratings should be IMO:

Contact vs RHP: 97
Contact vs LHP: 70
Power vs RHP: 95
Power vs LHP: 79
Plate vision: 72
Plate discipline: 80

Pujols:

Contact vs RHP: 77
Contact vs LHP: 79
Power vs RHP: 80
Power vs LHP: 98
Plate vision: 96
Plate discipline: 70

If they look something like that then I think it is fair. The thing is Trout is going to have a lot higher attributes in speed, baserunning, arm slightly, etc. Heck McCutchen ended up being a 99 overall last year and his offensive attributes aren't even that great. 77, 87, 62, 72, 68, 79 for contact, power, pvis, and pdisc. Trout was a 99 for the last roster update too. Thing is people go crazy over numbers for some reason, but they didn't complain once last year when they weren't used.

Last edited by cardinalbird5; 02-26-2013 at 04:59 AM.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:23 AM   #114
MVP

OVR: 1

I can deal with Trout being a 99, but Chapman? How can a starter be 99 when all he did was relief work? Chapman is listed with pitchers, not closers.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:59 AM   #115
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballaholic04
I think I am speaking for everyone when I say : "can you guys shut up!?".
Arguing over the overall ratings without seeing their attributes is silly.
I agree, I am starting to think that there should be two "overall numbers" One for D and One for O. The two numbers shouldn't have any effect on one an other.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2013, 09:03 AM   #116
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
Because I have edited and trained enough players in DD to know what constitutes a 99 at the 1b position. I am guessing they most likely put his contact and plate disc higher than what it should be. As for centerfielders and SS's....it is really easy to make them 99's. It really is about speed, defense, baserunning, and contact for them.

You may be right though. I haven't seen his individual ratings. He may have things like durability, base running aggressiveness, and clutch be 90+ which doesn't do much for gameplay, but would certainly boost his overall.

Here is what Trout's and Pujols' offensive ratings should be IMO:

Contact vs RHP: 97
Contact vs LHP: 70
Power vs RHP: 95
Power vs LHP: 79
Plate vision: 72
Plate discipline: 80

Pujols:

Contact vs RHP: 77
Contact vs LHP: 79
Power vs RHP: 80
Power vs LHP: 98
Plate vision: 96
Plate discipline: 70

If they look something like that then I think it is fair. The thing is Trout is going to have a lot higher attributes in speed, baserunning, arm slightly, etc. Heck McCutchen ended up being a 99 overall last year and his offensive attributes aren't even that great. 77, 87, 62, 72, 68, 79 for contact, power, pvis, and pdisc. Trout was a 99 for the last roster update too. Thing is people go crazy over numbers for some reason, but they didn't complain once last year when they weren't used.
I don't think you and I are as far away in thinking as it seams.
I believe judging a player solely on one year is a little much, but I also think that in the future, perhaps ratings should be split into defense and offense, and not blended together to form one overall number.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:37 AM   #117
Rookie

3fiddy's Arena

These ratings really look like they take into effect the last 3 years and IF the player can play lights out. Some of the 99s could play like a hall of famer one day an completely opposite the next. (Hamilton) Jeckyl and Hyde if you will. The 99 playing ability has to be unlocked even if they don't play that way all the time. Players that will win games single handidly. Which is why there are spots for Adam Dunn , Carlos Quentin. Maybe why the power Hitters rated so high.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:41 AM   #118
Rookie

3fiddy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3fiddy
These ratings really look like they take into effect the last 3 years and IF the player can play lights out. Some of the 99s could play like a hall of famer one day an completely opposite the next. (Hamilton) Jeckyl and Hyde if you will. The 99 playing ability has to be unlocked even if they don't play that way all the time. Players that will win games single handidly. Which is why there are spots for Adam Dunn , Carlos Quentin. Maybe why the power Hitters rated so high.
I personally try to fill my team with players able to win the game alone and hopefully between 25 guys we get 90 wins.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:10 PM   #119
Pro

slickkill77's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Is there an option to turn off number ratings? Hate it.
Yes. You can do just the bars
Old 02-26-2013, 01:08 PM   #120
Rookie

Nooooovak's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
I think I am speaking for everyone when I say : "can you guys shut up!?".
Arguing over the overall ratings without seeing their attributes is silly.
Agreed. This is why I loved the bar system. Way less complaining.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »