Home

MLB 13 The Show Player Ratings For Every Team

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Player Ratings For Every Team within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2013, 01:08 PM   #121
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: MLB 13 The Show Player Ratings For Every Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickkill77
Yes. You can do just the bars
No...you cannot unfortunately.

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2013, 01:49 PM   #122
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Just look at the bars and ignore the number. The overall means very little to me. McCutchen and Kemp are both 99's, but I'd take Kemp any day over him on this game.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:51 PM   #123
Rookie

OVR: 5

Time to go back to the drawing board for your ratings system when Darvish with his one ok year is rated higher than both Jered Weaver and Matt Cain who each have had much better seasons than his one year for each of the past 3 years. There isn't enough peripheral stats in the world to justify that balance.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:34 PM   #124
Rookie

DanH35's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayman
Time to go back to the drawing board for your ratings system when Darvish with his one ok year is rated higher than both Jered Weaver and Matt Cain who each have had much better seasons than his one year for each of the past 3 years. There isn't enough peripheral stats in the world to justify that balance.
Looking at some of the stats, I'd pick Darvish over the other two. Going on last year's stats, Darvish had 5.1 fWAR, Cain had 3.8 (his career high was 5.0), and Weaver had 3.0 (his career high was 5.6). The only stat that I looked at where Cain and Weaver are clearly better was BB/9, where they were both 2 walks per 9 better than Darvish. Darvish had a clear advantage in K/9, in 2012, Darvish was at 10.4, Cain was 7.9, and Weaver was 6.7. They were all close in average against. Even though he pitches in a better hitters park, Darvish has a lower HR/9 (.66) than Cain (.86) and Weaver (.95).

I know that Darvish has only put those numbers up for one year, but in the past, The Show seemed to under-rate players with less experience, and I'm actually glad to see players like Harper, Trout, Medlen, and Darvish being given credited for the numbers they have put up.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:37 PM   #125
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH35
Looking at some of the stats, I'd pick Darvish over the other two. Going on last year's stats, Darvish had 5.1 fWAR, Cain had 3.8 (his career high was 5.0), and Weaver had 3.0 (his career high was 5.6). The only stat that I looked at where Cain and Weaver are clearly better was BB/9, where they were both 2 walks per 9 better than Darvish. Darvish had a clear advantage in K/9, in 2012, Darvish was at 10.4, Cain was 7.9, and Weaver was 6.7. They were all close in average against. Even though he pitches in a better hitters park, Darvish has a lower HR/9 (.66) than Cain (.86) and Weaver (.95).

I know that Darvish has only put those numbers up for one year, but in the past, The Show seemed to under-rate players with less experience, and I'm actually glad to see players like Harper, Trout, Medlen, and Darvish being given credited for the numbers they have put up.
Well, Trout had Slugging at .598 and OPS at .998 and has power versus righties at 72.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2013, 02:46 PM   #126
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
In The Show, ERA (which is what you seem to basing your argument on) is not an attribute, but K/9, BB/9, H/9, and HR/9 are... Darvish has a much higher K rate, lower HR rate, and a comparable average against compared to Weaver and Cain. He has a much higher walk rate but that's offset by the huge difference in strikeouts. Darvish also has much better stuff, so him being rated higher makes sense to me...
Old 02-26-2013, 03:09 PM   #127
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

Quote:
I'd take Darvish any day over Cain. Weaver it is close. Darvish pitches in one of the better hitter's parks and had incredible numbers. His strikeouts per nine was crazy!
Old 02-26-2013, 03:15 PM   #128
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
Well, Trout had Slugging at .598 and OPS at .998 and has power versus righties at 72.
Trout also had nearly a .600 SLG vs RHP. I projected him to have 90+ power, but I also bet a lot of his SLG points were due to his speed. I still feel like 72 is too low though. Curious to see what he hits vs lefties, because his SLG was nearly .100 lower.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »