Home

MLB 13 The Show Player Ratings For Every Team

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Player Ratings For Every Team within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2013, 03:20 PM   #129
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 13 The Show Player Ratings For Every Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
Trout also had nearly a .600 SLG vs RHP. I projected him to have 90+ power, but I also bet a lot of his SLG points were due to his speed. I still feel like 72 is too low though. Curious to see what he hits vs lefties, because his SLG was nearly .100 lower.
What I posted above was Trout's numbers last year against righties. I also feel 72 versus righties for power is too low. I wonder what they gave Harper?
Old 02-26-2013, 03:28 PM   #130
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Maybe they look at more than just SLG when it comes to power. A guy with 99 contact, 50 power, 99 speed playing at a big park would probably post a better slugging than someone with 70 contact 90 power 20 speed or something along those lines.

Theoretically, a great single hitter could have a slugging near .500-.600 range, but I don't think that justifies them being a 90+ in power.

With all that being said though, Trout did have 30+ HR's, so hopefully he will be 80+ against RHP with the updates.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:31 PM   #131
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
Maybe they look at more than just SLG when it comes to power. A guy with 99 contact, 50 power, 99 speed playing at a big park would probably post a better slugging than someone with 70 contact 90 power 20 speed or something along those lines.

Theoretically, a great single hitter could have a slugging near .500-.600 range, but I don't think that justifies them being a 90+ in power.

With all that being said though, Trout did have 30+ HR's, so hopefully he will be 80+ against RHP with the updates.
From what I saw, Trout has 93 for speed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2013, 03:39 PM   #132
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

I saw too. I was just being hypothetical.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:54 PM   #133
Rookie

bautistabomb's Arena

OVR: 10

For the most part I think the rating for the Blue Jays are pretty accurate. A think Boni is rated a bit too high at 87, yet Lawrie is too low at 80. Would have also given Dickey a 97-98 rating as he did win the CY Young and was arguably the best pitcher in baseball the last 2 years. Overall i'm pretty satisfied and I like the fact that any player can be edited anyway. I still think that video games in general rate veterans way too highly. No way Arod and Jeter should be that high. They are both over the hill and have dropped off dramatically in the last few years.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:56 PM   #134
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
In The Show, ERA (which is what you seem to basing your argument on) is not an attribute, but K/9, BB/9, H/9, and HR/9 are... Darvish has a much higher K rate, lower HR rate, and a comparable average against compared to Weaver and Cain. He has a much higher walk rate but that's offset by the huge difference in strikeouts. Darvish also has much better stuff, so him being rated higher makes sense to me...
Ok fine I won't base my argument on ERA, which is a far more telling number of a pitchers contribution to his team winning the game then any of the things anyone else has pointed to. I'll point out the huge difference in WHIPs, which is again a far more telling stat of which player actually helps win the game. Pointing out K/9 is like saying that the guy in the NBA who scores 10 points is better than the guy who scores 30, because the guy who scored 10 had more dunks. If the argument is that Darvish has to be rated higher because of the attribute system, then the attribute system needs to be overhauled. Pitching is about getting guys out and not giving up runs period.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:20 PM   #135
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayman
Ok fine I won't base my argument on ERA, which is a far more telling number of a pitchers contribution to his team winning the game then any of the things anyone else has pointed to. I'll point out the huge difference in WHIPs, which is again a far more telling stat of which player actually helps win the game. Pointing out K/9 is like saying that the guy in the NBA who scores 10 points is better than the guy who scores 30, because the guy who scored 10 had more dunks. If the argument is that Darvish has to be rated higher because of the attribute system, then the attribute system needs to be overhauled. Pitching is about getting guys out and not giving up runs period.
And how would they do this exactly? Have a WHIP rating? Nope, H/9 and BB/9 are already in the game. A rating for ERA? Nope, then the game would be scripted as ****, you can't slap a rating on something that relies on multiple components and is highly variable. I don't see any viable choices that I would consider "traditional", even the sabermetric ones are covered by the standard /9 ratings... If you're that strongly against Darvish being better then lower his command, it has a heavy influence on quality of contact, and therefore effects ERA. It won't drop his ratings that much but it will make him less effective.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2013, 05:27 PM   #136
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayman
That's how I see it as well. Are we in the minority? I don't care if pitcher gets them out via ground balls or strikeouts, an out is an out and a run is a run.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »