Home

MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2013, 08:56 PM   #345
MVP

johnnyg83's Arena

OVR: 9
How can the White Sox be last in fielding ratings? They had the best fielding percentage and fewest errors in the American League last year. And not a single significant defensive stat in the bottom third.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2013, 11:54 PM   #346
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman7w
This right here. Chemistry is HUGE in baseball. I've been watching a looooong time (I'm old) and I don't know if I've ever seen a team with the kind of chemistry the Giants had last year. Maybe the '79 Pirates.
Actually Chemistry means very little in baseball. Sure it helps, but nothing compared to NHL, NBA, or NFL. MLB teams have whole new rosters every 2-3 years anyways. Giants just played well at that right time, simple as that. There was nothing magical about it.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:10 AM   #347
MVP

OVR: 7
Re: MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg83
How can the White Sox be last in fielding ratings? They had the best fielding percentage and fewest errors in the American League last year. And not a single significant defensive stat in the bottom third.
LOL, that's what I was thinking too. White Sox were one of the best defensive teams in baseball last year.....yet have the 2nd worst ratings in the game...lol.

Only spots of suspect defense are LF and 1B. CF and C are average. SS, 3B, 2B, RF, and our pitchers are ALL plus defensive positions for this team......

Guess I'll have to adjust ratings again. They always short Alexei and Beckham on defense, despite being possibly the best DP combo in baseball.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:21 AM   #348
Rookie

OUSOONERS#1's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
Actually Chemistry means very little in baseball. Sure it helps, but nothing compared to NHL, NBA, or NFL. MLB teams have whole new rosters every 2-3 years anyways. Giants just played well at that right time, simple as that. There was nothing magical about it.

IM biggest Cardinals fan there is and I can tell you this the Giants run was pretty magical .Also there is no way the Cardinals win the 2011 WS without the team chemistry they had.

P.S. Do you not remember "Happy Flight"?

Last edited by OUSOONERS#1; 02-26-2013 at 12:25 AM.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:51 AM   #349
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

If team chemistry is such a big deal then why do teams get a whole new roster every 2-3 years? Wouldn't they rather keep their players to have that "team chemistry"? Sorry, I don't believe in team chemistry in baseball as much as I do in basketball or football. I think you can put the best teams together and they'll dominate right away, unlike in basketball or even football. The only player that needs to have good team chemistry is the catcher really. But if you put a team together of 9 superstars in baseball they'll dominate. If you put together a team of a HOF PG, best center in the league, one of the best players ever, and a top 10 PF they might not even make the playoffs.

I know it sounds good putting cliches and feel good stories in your beliefs, but that doesn't mean they are always true.

Giants were a good team that made the playoffs and played well when it mattered. I don't see any magic there. Jesus wasn't walking on water or anything last October.

Last edited by cardinalbird5; 02-26-2013 at 01:54 AM.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:35 AM   #350
Rookie

g-burn's Arena

OVR: 0
Did Justin Upton get traded to the Braves in time to be included on the Show's roster?
Old 02-26-2013, 03:23 PM   #351
Banned

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-burn
Did Justin Upton get traded to the Braves in time to be included on the Show's roster?
I believe Ramone said Upton was squeezed in at the last minute before rosters locked.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2013, 06:03 PM   #352
Like Father Like son

ROABS's Arena

OVR: 17
Wow the redsox are rated #3 thats a surprise . Being a sox fan i find that a little high.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »