Home

MLB 13 The Show Demo Not Releasing This Week

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Demo Not Releasing This Week within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2013, 08:55 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 13
I'm not that concerned about a demo for a game that has this kind of pedigree. I already pre-ordered my copy for Vita anyway.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:11 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees2009Champs
Could have released game 4 of the World Series in playoff mode. Would have been perfect way to sell the new presentation and the new playoff mode.
I agree for a guy that has 12 I need a little something to see if I should upgrade because I'm perfectly happy with 12
Old 02-27-2013, 09:36 AM   #11
Pro

Sco291's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 13 The Show Demo Not Releasing This Week

I don't see the big deal honestly... I mean so what? The game is being released in 6 days. I've never been a fan of demos, why spoil the surprise and feel of the game? I don't know, just seems like to me, this should be a non-issue, at least for The Show. 2K on the ther hand...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2013, 10:13 AM   #12
MVP

opd897's Arena

OVR: 10

I would have liked to have played a demo of the Vita. This being the second installment of that game and people wondering what changes have been made to that version before purchasing. Especially since Sony has not really put out any gameplay either.

PS3 version I really don't care about a demo as I'm sure it will be fine. I will have to see at least see some extended footage of the Vita version before I make that purchase as I don't want the game if some changes haven't been made over last year.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:18 AM   #13
Pro

barsoffury's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco291
I don't see the big deal honestly... I mean so what? The game is being released in 6 days. I've never been a fan of demos, why spoil the surprise and feel of the game? I don't know, just seems like to me, this should be a non-issue, at least for The Show. 2K on the ther hand...
Agreed. I've already decided that I'm getting the game so I don't need a demo to entice me. Those who know The Show generally know what they are getting.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:52 PM   #14
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
When a game has been this good year after year I have no issue with them not giving us a demo. They have nothing to prove, their product always speaks for itself. HOWEVER, a game like 2k should be putting out a demo if they intend on stealing or gaining any new customers at all. They pretty much just hope that Million Dollar Challenge sells the game.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:25 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
When a game has been this good year after year I have no issue with them not giving us a demo. They have nothing to prove.
I feel like that is the smug attitude they probably take when it comes to demos for The Show, anyway.

"What do we need to release a demo for? They will buy it anyway, it's better than that 2K crap."

Not that that's not accurate, but it's frustrating that most games come with a demo prior to release, yet SCEA feels it doesn't need to waste it's time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2013, 03:30 PM   #16
MVP

bp4baseball's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCoolMan24
I feel like that is the smug attitude they probably take when it comes to demos for The Show, anyway.

"What do we need to release a demo for? They will buy it anyway, it's better than that 2K crap."

Not that that's not accurate, but it's frustrating that most games come with a demo prior to release, yet SCEA feels it doesn't need to waste it's time.
We may still see a post-release demo. Maybe they feel that the people who have played it every year will it buy it anyway based off what they've seen, and don't want to give it all away. Whereas the new/on the fence people will get to play the demo post release and can make their decision from there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »