Home

MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2013, 11:09 PM   #369
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyc
PECOTA projected the Mets for 80 wins this season, they aren't that bad.
They are pretty awful
Old 03-01-2013, 01:10 AM   #370
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyc
PECOTA projected the Mets for 80 wins this season, they aren't that bad.
Yes they are. In fact, that seems generous.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:42 AM   #371
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
As I've said, I've heard and talked to way too many people who know way more about it than anyone here dispute that. Tough to quantify yes, but a factor without a doubt.

80's A's team was also managed by someone who was a master of managing personalities and players. Of all the people in that organization I've known, never really heard about in team hatred.

You obviously have to have talent to be succesful, but it's not the only thing required. If it was, the teams the list of World Series winning teams would look a lot different than it does today.
Sure it helps, but my point was that you are not going to win a World Series based on team chemistry alone. For all we know the team with the best team chemistry could have been the Royals or Twins or someone bad. We only know so much and as much as the camera's and media shows us. I remember the Cards won a WS in 06 with an above average team ,if that, while Rolen and LaRussa hated one another. Instead people labeled us as "lucky" more than anything, which may be true to an extent, but we were also just a team that got healthy at that right time.

It isn't really a competitive advantage in baseball. I also don't see how in the world they would implement a team chemistry rating into a baseball game besides giving every player an attribute increase, which I would hate to see. It'd be a silly rating they gave too mediocre teams that usually played above their heads and stats would suggest otherwise aka teams such as the Orioles and Giants.

I just hate when people say cliches such as "They won because they have heart!" or "They won because of their team chemistry" when in reality that had very little to do with it. Sure I said the same things when I was a 14 year old, but to believe those apply to MLB is really pushing it.

Last edited by cardinalbird5; 03-01-2013 at 05:44 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2013, 08:13 AM   #372
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

If the ratings are based off of the entire organization that should change. It should represent the players on the 25 man roster. The only time I can really see the overall team ratings come into play is online as I'm sure some people base their decision on this, or base their opinion of opponents off of this. "Yeah, great, nice job picking the Tigers everytime." People who know won't care, but those who don't and think its based off of the 25 man roster might. I actually thought that they were based off of the 25 man roster until this thread.

Last edited by MrOldboy; 03-01-2013 at 08:20 AM.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:17 PM   #373
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Cards should be number 1 if it was based on entire organization. They have some studs all throughout the minors.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:19 PM   #374
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
Cards should be number 1 if it was based on entire organization. They have some studs all throughout the minors.
fake minors with default rosters
Old 03-01-2013, 12:19 PM   #375
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
But its not top prospects, its every player in the system.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2013, 12:22 PM   #376
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
fake minors with default rosters
So the fake minors don't have fake players to mimic the real player?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »