Home

NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Patch Rejected By Microsoft, Approved By Sony

This is a discussion on NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Patch Rejected By Microsoft, Approved By Sony within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2013, 03:48 PM   #1
Pro

YeOldTonk's Arena

OVR: 6
Location: Foothills of the Cascade Mountains in the great PacNW
NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Patch Rejected By Microsoft, Approved By Sony

For those of you with an Xbox 360, you will have to wait a little longer for the NASCAR The Game: Inside Line patch, since it was rejected by Microsoft. It was approved by Sony, so PS3 users will have a shorter wait time, but no official release date has been sent out.

Quote:
The PS3 patch has been approved for released by Sony. We are now waiting for them to supply a deployment date. Once the patch has gone live, we will be in a position to determine the release date of both the Gen 6 DLC and the Daytona 500 Highlight pack.

The Xbox patch has been rejected from Microsoft and we are working quickly to fix the issues found. When it's re-submitted, we'll update this thread. Unfortunately the patch does have to be approved and live before we can deploy the new DLC content.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360

This thing called Twitter I do sometimes

What's your thoughts? It's a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2013, 08:58 PM   #2
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Patch for XBox has been rejected by Micro$oft.

Wow... These guys just can't get it right can they? Unbelievable. I played this for a couple hours tonight, and had some damn good fun with it, except for the AI who sometimes just have zero awareness of where you are on the track.

Anyways, I've got a feeling this whole ordeal is going to doom this game, and its future editions. Two years in a row now things like this have happened. People have basically lost faith in them it seems.

Shame really, the game has so much potential to be incredible. They just cant ever get it right unfortunately. By the time they do... its always too late.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:35 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 19

I'm shocked. Seems like this happens every time with this game.

I picked it up a couple weeks ago. I have fun running test laps and am Looking forward to the gen 6 cars.....Wish they would just release this right around Daytona every year.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:44 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 5

I just don't understand what is going on over there. I am sure that it happens but this is the only game that seems to have problems with their patches and having them rejected by Microsoft. I was really looking forwward to this game but held off from purchasing because of the last games issues, and now it looks like this will not be a game that I spend money on. This team also had over a year to get this game right and while it sounds the game is improved it is still not at the level it should be. I will just continue firing up NR2003 until someone else can get it right. In fact I don't understand why someone doesn't buy the rights to NR03 use the engine from that ga e and just update the graphics? Sure it wouldn't be perfect but it says a lot when a game is 10 years old and still popular.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:37 AM   #5
MVP

brandon27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by franko3219
I just don't understand what is going on over there. I am sure that it happens but this is the only game that seems to have problems with their patches and having them rejected by Microsoft. I was really looking forwward to this game but held off from purchasing because of the last games issues, and now it looks like this will not be a game that I spend money on. This team also had over a year to get this game right and while it sounds the game is improved it is still not at the level it should be. I will just continue firing up NR2003 until someone else can get it right. In fact I don't understand why someone doesn't buy the rights to NR03 use the engine from that ga e and just update the graphics? Sure it wouldn't be perfect but it says a lot when a game is 10 years old and still popular.
It's actually very much improved from last years game. Offline... I struggle to find alot wrong with it. There's still some break checking on some tracks, the AI seems to lack awareness of your space on the track at times, but aside from that, its a very well done, fun game. Online is where it struggles apparently. I couldn't comment there though. I've only ran about 4 or 5 online races. 3 of which had people driving the wrong way... but that's not really the fault of Eutechnyx... why people would spend $60 on a game, to go online and do that is beyond me anyways. It was funny though, they'd run the first few laps ok, but then once they were in last, or hit the wall and lost any chance at winning is when they'd turn around.

Anyways, the point still remains. Most of the major issues from the first game they put out have been fixed, but most of the small issues left with IL, are still lingering issues from the first game that just haven't been 100% fixed IMO. If you're going to play offline though, its pretty darn solid IMO. However, it does amaze me how they just can't get it right, even with the patches. It's pretty impressive though what they've done in two years, building from the ground up.

As for other games having patches rejected by MS, I'm sure it happens, but Im sure the devs just dont talk about it. The situation here to me seems that Dave from Eutechnyx is trying his best to keep the community in touch with whats happening, sometimes I think they're giving too much information. You should know as a dev that things can happen, and probably will. So don't set expectations for the fanbase. Don't tell us the patch has been submitted, then you woudlnt have to tell us it was rejected. Just tell us that its a work in progress, set an approximate timeline, then tell us when its ready. I think that's what happens with most devs. Again, just my guess here. Somewhere along the line people have taken the attitude that they need to know every little detail, at any and every point in time, and as it happens. It was never the case in the past with these things. Sometimes, less is more.

Last edited by brandon27; 03-01-2013 at 07:40 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2013, 01:29 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6
There needs to be an American developer to work on this game. I don't think Eutechnyx understands now stock car racing works.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:25 PM   #7
MVP

brandon27's Arena

Re: NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Patch Rejected By Microsoft, Approved By Sony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feldman011teen
There needs to be an American developer to work on this game. I don't think Eutechnyx understands now stock car racing works.
That just makes no sense. The foundation to this game, is a very solid representation of Nascar racing. The main issues surround online gaming. Which, in the grand scheme of things is completely irrelevant to understanding how stock car racing works.

The basic foundation has been built in a relativiely short period of time for a solid nascar platform. I think they really struggle because they are so small. If a bit more cash could be thrown in there, to get a few more solid people in there programming behind the scenes, they could really clean this game up and make it fantastic.

Visually its outstanding. Sound is outstanding also. The gameplay, as long as you're offline is pretty damn good, there's the odd momments here and there that leave you scratching your head that youd like to see ironed out, for sure... but to say they dont understand it, is a pretty big misunderstanding on your part IMO. They get it, they get the racing, they get the sport, they just fall a bit short it seems in pulling it all together on the coding/programming end... some more funding could probably help that out.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:48 AM   #8
Rookie

philmnn's Arena

OVR: 0
I wouldn't say a majority of the problems lie solely on online. While a lot of them do, it still doesn't void the fact that the game is the single most basic offline mode game of all time. When stuff is taken OUT from NTG11's monstrosity of a game yet they still can't get the little bit they have left to work right, that speaks volumes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »