Home

MLB 13 The Show Player Ratings For Every Team

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Player Ratings For Every Team within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2013, 12:53 PM   #185
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 13 The Show Player Ratings For Every Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3fiddy
No one knows what trout will do next. I hope he goes 50/50 club next year I make my peace with swing plane. Pujols will never hit 50 with that even swing plane Adam dunn will not make enough contact to hit 50. Uppercut swing gives a smaller timing window for peak results. Even swing gives a better chance for contact without peak power. Trout seems to be a man among boys and break the mold. So the ratings guy chose the contact path. I agree awesome power but he can't be 99 everywhere lol This works for me unless he comes out mashing homers then it should be bumped up. Otherwise I think it play good. Wish I knew how to calculate power too I research splits all of January preparing for draft. And sometimes you jus gotta watch the guy.
You know what, no one knows what Harper will do next. The one thing we do know is what these two did last year. Based on last year, why is Harper rated higher for power against RHP??? Harper is 78 and Trout is 72. Slg % belongs to Trout. Let me put it in a more meaningful term, how does this game justify the rating difference?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2013, 01:12 PM   #186
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
You know what, no one knows what Harper will do next. The one thing we do know is what these two did last year. Based on last year, why is Harper rated higher for power against RHP??? Harper is 78 and Trout is 72. Slg % belongs to Trout. Let me put it in a more meaningful term, how does this game justify the rating difference?
What has become apparent is that its not cut and dry how SCEA rates players. It feels arbitrary in spots. Trout had a higher AB/HR and the same HR/H ratio as Harper against RHP. So by a lot of arguments in this thread Trout should have been slightly higher than Harper in power vs RHP.

If Harper's power shows up and his AB/HR jumps to 15 early in the year than re-rate him higher, but rating a player based off of feel, or scouting reports doesn't seem like the way to go.

Its just no clear how the player's are rated and they do matter, especially for online play.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:14 PM   #187
Rookie

3fiddy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

I'm no help their. Hopefully the guys who do the rosters for us chime in.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:19 PM   #188
MVP

sink4ever's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
I still don't get why Harper should have higher power rating than Trout, 78-72 vs RHP.
Life's full of mysteries, ain't it?
Old 03-01-2013, 04:07 PM   #189
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
What has become apparent is that its not cut and dry how SCEA rates players. It feels arbitrary in spots. Trout had a higher AB/HR and the same HR/H ratio as Harper against RHP. So by a lot of arguments in this thread Trout should have been slightly higher than Harper in power vs RHP.

If Harper's power shows up and his AB/HR jumps to 15 early in the year than re-rate him higher, but rating a player based off of feel, or scouting reports doesn't seem like the way to go.

Its just no clear how the player's are rated and they do matter, especially for online play.
I believe it will affect more than online play. I think it will make a difference in franchise mode as well.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:02 AM   #190
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:

Perhaps Harper is rated slightly higher than Trout in Power because of their minor league stats. SCEA could use minor league stats for those players with limited service time in majors. Down in minors, Trout was obviously an all-round great player, but Harper produced HRs at a higher rate (13.5% of hits were HRs for Harper, just 6.0% for Trout).

Again, Trout seems to be one of those guys who is a classic all round player, but doesn't necessarily go for fence when he doesn't need to. He's still young, so who knows what sort of player he evolves into (he can choose to sacrifice some sureness to produce more HRs, for example), but at the moment he's a type of player who generates enough power to hit a decent amount of HRs, but not at a pace of elite power hitters...... and that's probably why he is such a promising player, knowing that HRs are not the only aspect of the game.

I just watched Trout's 2012 highlights and oh my goodness the guys is so good..... hahhaahaha....

Last edited by nomo17k; 03-02-2013 at 03:14 AM.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:02 AM   #191
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
Perhaps Harper is rated slightly higher than Trout in Power because of their minor league stats. SCEA could use minor league stats for those players with limited service time in majors. Down in minors, Trout was obviously an all-round great player, but Harper produced HRs at a higher rate (13.5% of hits were HRs for Harper, just 6.0% for Trout).

Again, Trout seems to be one of those guys who is a classic all round player, but doesn't necessarily go for fence when he doesn't need to. He's still young, so who knows what sort of player he evolves into (he can choose to sacrifice some sureness to produce more HRs, for example), but at the moment he's a type of player who generates enough power to hit a decent amount of HRs, but not at a pace of elite power hitters...... and that's probably why he is such a promising player, knowing that HRs are not the only aspect of the game.

I just watched Trout's 2012 highlights and oh my goodness the guys is so good..... hahhaahaha....
Why would they use minor league stats when they have major league stats to use?

Trout hit more home runs than Harper, so I don't get your point there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2013, 09:50 AM   #192
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k

I'm convinced Trout hits the ball harder though. Most of his home runs are a product of him using his quick compact swing of just mashing the ball around the field and they just carry over the fence because he's a good hitter. He knows he has a chance of creating a single (and then a steal), or double or triple or a walk at a much higher rate, but when he's up there with a home run mentality he has absolutely crushed balls. They're not big bloopers but they just leave the yard the way mike piazza used to...even his singles just carry like they have some kind of top spin. He's crazy, and unless people watch him they miss out on how special he is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »