Home

NBA 2K13 Video - Roster Update Details (3-2-13)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Video - Roster Update Details (3-2-13) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2013, 01:16 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K13 Video - Roster Update (3-2-13)

This is coming from Suns fan with some bias, but edit P.J Tucker already! He's a 65 overall still, even though he's started for about the past two dozen games. I think his on-ball defense is still in the sixties, even though he is the best defensive player on the Suns and he held Kobe Bryant to four points on 1-8 shooting a couple of weeks ago. He's also shot 30 percent from three this year but his outside game is still terrible. His offense should get a tiny boost, but update his defense now. He should be at least a 72 in my opinion.

Also, take Beasley down. Beasley is a 76, he should be more like a 71 or 72. Jared Dudley, Jermaine O'Neal, Tucker and the Morris twins are all underrated while pieces of crap like Beasley and Shannon Brown can be a 76 overall.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2013, 01:17 PM   #26
Pro

yungsta404's Arena

OVR: 0

kidd, shumpert, jr smith needs to be nerfed knick fans wish they were as good in real life as they are in this game.

how could they ignore jeff teague again? does the 2k insider watch actually watch nba games or do they just watch espn highlights...
Old 03-02-2013, 01:25 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungsta404
kidd, shumpert, jr smith needs to be nerfed knick fans wish they were as good in real life as they are in this game.

how could they ignore jeff teague again? does the 2k insider watch actually watch nba games or do they just watch espn highlights...
those knicks players are rated fine... their overalls seem bloated because of the way the ratings are weighted (which things make the overall go up more/faster then others). basically those guys are good at the things that raise the overall quicker then the things there not so good at.

and they are 2nd in the east and 6th in the league soooo idk what all the knicks hate is about...
Old 03-02-2013, 01:33 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by c15dubb
those knicks players are rated fine... their overalls seem bloated because of the way the ratings are weighted (which things make the overall go up more/faster then others). basically those guys are good at the things that raise the overall quicker then the things there not so good at.

and they are 2nd in the east and 6th in the league soooo idk what all the knicks hate is about...
Shumpert, since returning from injury, is averaging 8.5 points per 36 minutes. He's shot 30 percent FROM THE FIELD. He has a PER of 7.7. That is atrocious, even if he is still recovering. He's a great defensive player, but is vastly overrated. I don't think he should be better than a 75 or 76 with the way he's playing right now.

Kidd also isn't shooting very well from the field, and he's no longer a player capable of getting 10 assists every game, so 2k shouldn't treat him as such. Kidd is a shooting guard now, he's getting 4 assists per game, so bring his passing and other PG-specific stats down. Kidd definitely shouldn't be higher than a 75, and I think that's generous.

Smith is fine. I think that if Crawford and Martin are about an 80, Smith should be about an 80 too, so bring him down just a little bit.

Don't get delusional Knicks fans. Remember when you were all crying before the deadline about not wanting to trade Shumpert for Dudley and a first-round picks? Wow, am I glad the Suns didn't make that trade.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:46 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooper1030
Shumpert, since returning from injury, is averaging 8.5 points per 36 minutes. He's shot 30 percent FROM THE FIELD. He has a PER of 7.7. That is atrocious, even if he is still recovering. He's a great defensive player, but is vastly overrated. I don't think he should be better than a 75 or 76 with the way he's playing right now.

Kidd also isn't shooting very well from the field, and he's no longer a player capable of getting 10 assists every game, so 2k shouldn't treat him as such. Kidd is a shooting guard now, he's getting 4 assists per game, so bring his passing and other PG-specific stats down. Kidd definitely shouldn't be higher than a 75, and I think that's generous.

Smith is fine. I think that if Crawford and Martin are about an 80, Smith should be about an 80 too, so bring him down just a little bit.

Don't get delusional Knicks fans. Remember when you were all crying before the deadline about not wanting to trade Shumpert for Dudley and a first-round picks? Wow, am I glad the Suns didn't make that trade.
yeaaaaa all the knicks fans are glad that was all b.s. trade rumours too lol

...I'd rather them trade for bubba ray and d-von dudley lol

Last edited by c15dubb; 03-02-2013 at 01:49 PM.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:01 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
yeaaaaa all the knicks fans are glad that was all b.s. trade rumours too lol

...I'd rather them trade for bubba ray and d-von dudley lol
That's my point. Knicks fans overrate their players and don't know anything about players on other teams so they just assume that they must be SO MUCH WORSE than AMAZING players like Iman Shumpert. Luke Walton and Kwame Brown have a higher PER than Shumpert this season, you do know that right?
Old 03-02-2013, 02:13 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZ2
Shrumpert has good ratings.

Hes one of the best defenders in the game.
Good handles
High Dunk rating and vert
76 for mid and 3pt

He is a solid defender when I watched him. Doesnt deserve the lock down sig though. Also for a top defender he has really good offense.

JR Smith is rated as a all around very good starter. Hes way too inconsistant for his rating. Hes not a smart player.Kinda same as I feel with Jennings. They have top talent and will ight it up some games but they are low IQ players and not consistant.
Shumperts handles aren't good. They're decent at best and he does NOT deserve a 76 rating for mid and 3 pt range He's shooting a HORRIBLE 16% from 16 ft and away, and even though his 3pt fg% is at 34% it's been dropping ever since. His vert is fine but he's not an explosive 1 foot jumper. He was like Jason Richardson back in the day... a 2 foot jumper. Solid defender no doubt but when you add everything up he shouldn't be an 80 overall.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2013, 02:16 PM   #32
Rookie

Quote:

Majority of the knicks players are rated fine but Shumpert DOES NOT DESERVE an 80 RATING.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »