Home

NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Patch Rejected By Microsoft, Approved By Sony

This is a discussion on NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Patch Rejected By Microsoft, Approved By Sony within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2013, 04:06 AM   #9
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11
I don't understand how a patch can be rejected? The darn thing that is supposed to be the fixer is rejected?
Old 03-03-2013, 04:40 PM   #10
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20
@brandon27

You are right it is better offline, but it is not a struggle to find things wrong with it. Lets start with the AI pitting, what a mess. The break checking is better, but there is still to much of it. The AI runs you over at every track in the corners. This game is a big improvement from last year, it does look great and the cars sound great. The racing though can get boring, a lot of single file lines and no one passes. Also they never seem to make weather a factor and it is a huge factor. Of course, no one has done that in a NASCAR game yet. Are they on the right track, yes I believe so, but they need to take their time with the next game and get it right.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:40 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Patch Rejected By Microsoft, Approved By Sony

Terrible. I gave this game a chance and bought it - played it for a few days and it has its merits but the poor AI and limits on playability through lack of options (can't use custom schemes in career/season mode offline? come on man, it's 2013!) make this title a real disappointment. I'll be trading it in and it'll be a few years before I give another Nascar title a chance. Really sad - racing should really be one of the easier games to make... AI on a circle for heaven's sake.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2013, 04:24 AM   #12
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcavner
Terrible. I gave this game a chance and bought it - played it for a few days and it has its merits but the poor AI and limits on playability through lack of options (can't use custom schemes in career/season mode offline? come on man, it's 2013!) make this title a real disappointment. I'll be trading it in and it'll be a few years before I give another Nascar title a chance. Really sad - racing should really be one of the easier games to make... AI on a circle for heaven's sake.
If I remember well, the first time Eutechnyx announced their Nascar game I was very sceptical and posted here that my biggest fear was the poor AI implementation and especially the AI pitting. Unfortunately, they failed. Two times in a row. I disagree with you though: It is difficult to program the AI in a Nascar game. I have played all Nascar games from 2002 and most of them had the same issues with AI on track and AI pit. Even NR2003 was not so perfect on launch and was given a boost from mods and patches.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:36 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 2

I just see a racing game as a much easier proposition for programming than something like, say, soccer. It seems to me, as a non-programmer, that there are fewer variables and options when most of the game is 'move forward.' Things is - there are good racing games, heck there have been good Nascar games... but the guys are not getting it right and for the game to be worth buying they have to get the game right - and it is not.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:50 AM   #14
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Any news on 360 patch?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »