Home

MLB 2K13 Gameplay Videos - Orioles vs. Blue Jays & Dodgers vs. A's

This is a discussion on MLB 2K13 Gameplay Videos - Orioles vs. Blue Jays & Dodgers vs. A's within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-04-2013, 01:01 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 2K13 Gameplay Video - Baltimore Orioles vs. Toronto Blue Jays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Not enough people playing this game anymore to defend it anyway. Bit like saying people shouldn't defend smoking, or eating Twinkies.
hey twinkies are delicious R.I.P. lol
Old 03-04-2013, 01:02 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyMac
Force 2K out of that exclusive contract
No exclusive contract no mo.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:03 PM   #35
Pro

rynecandy's Arena

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Seeing as your statement is opinion and not fact, then you can safely assume your comments will turn into a debate and you could very well be facing a ban, so you might want to tread lightly.

I'm someone who can acknowledge all the things that The Show does extremely well.
But for my tastes, I've enjoyed 2K more than MLB the last 2 seasons. It's not a perfect game, but I have fun when I play it, and in the end, that's what everyone should be able to say when they make a $60 investment.
lmao @ getting a ban hammer. I think the 2K looks decent for someone who only owns the 360 but the majority of people with PS3 & 360 are going to pick PS3 The Show. I haven't heard long durations of The Show commentators, so I'm not sure if it's the same as last year (besides adding another member). 2K commentators sound solid but any game can only record a set limit of lines....even 5K or 10K lines will begin to repeat.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2013, 01:07 PM   #36
Rookie

I always buy both and I was able to get 2k13 early from the a swap-meet and yes it's exactly the same as 2k12 a lot of the new guys like Trout, Harper, Soto, and Cespede. Still have generic faces. Grenke still wit a Brewers hat in his pic. My dirt hit was a double that ended up being an inside the park home run because Trumbo got glitch standing against the wall. I love 2k but the didn't even try. For the Dodgers fans that asked, they have the new dodger stadium seats but still have the old big screens.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:08 PM   #37
Rookie

*first hit
Old 03-04-2013, 01:09 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 7

Why are people who own the show so pathetically trying to justify what they play? I don't get it. More power to you I guess but you just come off really pathetic. Not to mince words or anything lol but my god. Just telling it to you straight.

Anyways I've played both games for years. I think the Show looks much better but 2k has been slightly more fun to play for me. Graphics are only skin deep anyways and 2k looks pretty good. The stadiums in particular really pop and give a better feeling of space imo.

As far as this years 2k I'm somewhat disapointed though. It literally is a carbon copy of last years game. It's not like there weren't things they could improve upon with their gameplay. It is a sad state of sports gaming in ways when a company can release a game like this and not improve it at all and still charge $60. I'm not buying this years version for that reason. 2k12 was a nice upgrade and was worth a purchase imo. This year is not.

It's not like the show looks that different year after year but they have their game ironed out and add new modes and do improve in areas each year.

I realize we live in a capitalist society and whatever sucker will buy it, but releasing this game this year just seems underhanded to me. Maybe that's the problem too many women out there on both sides of the fence.

Last edited by celtics6; 03-04-2013 at 01:16 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:19 PM   #39
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtics6
I realize we live in a capitalist society and whatever sucker will buy it, but releasing this game this year just seems underhanded to me. Maybe that's the problem too many women out there on both sides of the fence.
Buyer beware and just be an informed consumer, that's how I see it. As for 2K's release history, they've been knowingly releasing poor-quality, unfinished games for several years now. This isn't new, it's just a whole different take for them.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:34 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 7

I agree baile. These developers were considered lazy as it was. This is taking it to a whole other level. This is what it's come to I guess. I'm not buying it. I know people get that jones for something new and have to get it, but self control is good here I think. These companies play off people like that. Oh it's just a game, just get it blah, blah.. Not this time. Sucks because I like competition. Out of anyone 2k needs the support more than the show, I like having more than one game in town, but they have to step up to the plate.

Last edited by celtics6; 03-04-2013 at 01:38 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »