Home

Operation Sports MLB 2K13 Community Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Operation Sports MLB 2K13 Community Impressions Thread within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2013, 10:54 AM   #1
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
Operation Sports MLB 2K13 Community Impressions Thread

Now that the game is released to all, this is the place to post your impressions.

As a reminder, this is not a thread for questions. Please use the MLB 2K13 Q&A thread for that.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2013, 11:16 AM   #2
Banned

LetsGoReds's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Operation Sports MLB 2K13 Impressions Thread

I just turned on the game, and my immediate impression is that this looks EXACTLY like 2k12. The menus are all the same. I'll give some more impressions as I go on.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:26 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28
Picked up the double pack. Will be back later with quick impressions & maybe some screen shots

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1362500798233.jpg (79.1 KB, 1103 views)
Old 03-05-2013, 11:38 AM   #4
Banned

LetsGoReds's Arena

OVR: 0

Ryan Ludwick is still in a Padres uni. Wow.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:36 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Quick Impressions

The menus are unchanged, which should be no surprise.

Not much has been added. This really does feel like an update to 2k12. Some things I noticed while playing:

Unfortunately the frame rate hitch on foul balls is still there

The ball seems to come off the bat in a much more realistic way. Balls hit on the ground are finding their ways in the holes for hits. (I'm using my 2k12 sliders) Balls are also not being slowed by the grass both in the Infield & Outfield which is great.

The hit variety feels better due to what I posted above

The AI can be unforgiving @ times. Just played a couple of innings Yanks VS Angels & CC couldn't make out of the 3rd. He got bomb. Trumbo, Pujols, Hamilton & Cajaspo all hit HR's in the same inning lol

Colors are fixed. Colors look vibrant both on the field & in the stands, even though the upper decks of stadiums still look horrible.

Baserunning is somewhat fixed. Runners still sometimes run thru 1st base on singles. The baserunning animations are a little better.

The Real Time stuff is still broken. (It's the stuff like this that really frustrate me about this series. It's looks fugly)

Fielding seems better, though I've had the CPU take controls of my outfielders to the point where they take weird angles on balls in the gap. It's happen to me a couple times

Fielding animations seems the same with a little more fluidity to them

The commentary is updated & as always sounds great.

The Pitcher/Batter Interface is still what makes this game so damn fun. It just feels right. At least 2K didn't botch that up. AI Batters make you pitch & if you make mistakes they pretty much capitilize on those mistakes. For me this is why I buy the game

All in All from what I've seen, If you liked 2k12, then you will like 2k13. If you really need to have this game now you will get it. If you really don't need to have this game right now I recommend you wait for a Price Drop purchase
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2013, 02:06 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

I picked this game up today because 1) I had 2 games to trade in for credit, and 2) I needed to get me a new Xbox Live Gold card since mine will expire at the end of March. It is still in the shrink-wrap, as I'm not sure what to do. I'm falling in love with 2K12 all over again, so I might hold off. Worst case I trade it back in, unopened, for a full refund and just use the credit down the road. It's not like I'll never buy another video game again.

I fully trust bigfnjoe's impressions above, and hope you guys heed his advice. There's probably not much more that needs to be said...
Old 03-05-2013, 02:15 PM   #7
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Anything on the late game AI with NL teams? Do they pinch hit for pitchers where appropriate?
In another thread somewhere it says the AI pinch hits now late in the game and such. I'll try to find it.

Personally, I'm sticking with 2k12 and pausing, switching teams and pinch hitting. Sucks but not worth my 60 at the moment
Old 03-05-2013, 02:23 PM   #8
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERA
This game is horrible.. I knew it would be JUST like 2K12.. I'm about to just give it back.. Glad I picked up the Show too.

Everything in this game sucks, 2K should just stop making baseball games.
You must have picked up MLB 2K13 for the PS3, because it says you never played it on your gamer card. I hate trolls.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »