Home

Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2013, 02:14 PM   #25
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Stances Butchered

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsGiants4
Is anybody noticing how bad SCEA butchered stances this year?

They ruined pretty much every guy on the Mets stance.

I'm disappointed.
Some are really good and some are brutal. Chase Utley's looks terrible but a guy like Kevin Frandsen's is spot on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2013, 02:24 PM   #26
Rookie

fakingmysuicide's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Impressions Thread

I went straight to postseason mode after after a few batting practices. The commentary, while still not great, is SOOOO much better. They seem to actually talk about relative plays and most of this is Steve Lyons. Huge improvement over Cambell. Like everyone else, I'm ahead of everything. Change ups! I can actually tell if its gonna be a change up and lay off. This years nasty pitch seems to be the slider.

I was the Giants at the Dodgers. Default all star. Matt Cain was pitching a one hitter into the seventh and was just plain nasty, I was up 1-0 then a lead off single by Kemp then BOOM, Adrian Gonzalez jacks one to dead center
Last year it felt like I could away with much more, this year nope lol. I come back to tie it in the ninth on a Crawford single and a play at the plate. Then in the tenth after an 0-4 night, Buster Posey responds with a homer of his own to center. Crowd is Dead Silent LOL. Romo strikes out the bottom of the tenth to seal the victory. Sanchez is player of the game with 2-4, 2r, triple, double. I had 12 h to dodgers only 4. Only drew one walk and didn't pitch any. Dealt 9 k and only k'd 2. So sliders definitely need some adjusting.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:25 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 5

The CPU GM AI desperately needs some rational parameters for things that make no baseball sense. First day in RTTS on the Smokies and the AAA Cubs are carrying 10 fielders and the Cubs are carrying 11. This number should at the least be a minimum of 12, with 2 players with some catcher ability.

On the flip side, the new running controls in RTTS are fantastic.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:27 PM   #28
Rookie

fakingmysuicide's Arena

OVR: 0

Oh, and I'm a little disappointed they didn't implement Hunter Pence's awkward but awesome running, fielding, and throwing styles.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:31 PM   #29
Rookie

rp05ev's Arena

OVR: 1

Ya online still hasn't improved. I have really fast wired connection and played 2 games against guys with really good ping, and it still choppy as previous year. Is it really that hard to offer a good online experience? I mean there are games out there that have like 15+, 20+ players playing together that run hell of a lot smoother than this 2 player game.

Also, is anyone else not seeing when the opponent makes a pitching change. I mean the guy from the bullpen doesn't run out like last year so we know there has been a pitching change. It just "pauses" and then pitcher on mound suddenly gets replaced by new guy and you have to pause the game to see who the pitcher is.

I def over hyped the game for myself.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:06 PM   #30
MVP

ltw0303cavs's Arena

OVR: 10

Not happy about Guess Pitch, I mean its pointless now. What good is it when the pitch is already on you to show where it is? SCEA makes a point of not taking features out, they always leave it in and add the new features. This time the pretty much took away guess pitch. Not all of us have the reaction speed of others and sorry I liked having it. To me it now changes how I enjoy the game.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:21 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltw0303cavs
Not happy about Guess Pitch, I mean its pointless now. What good is it when the pitch is already on you to show where it is? SCEA makes a point of not taking features out, they always leave it in and add the new features. This time the pretty much took away guess pitch. Not all of us have the reaction speed of others and sorry I liked having it. To me it now changes how I enjoy the game.
This is why I'd love it if they instituted MVP's Hitters-Eye.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2013, 03:27 PM   #32
Pro

barsoffury's Arena

OVR: 2

I've played a couple games so far. One exhibition and one online. Visuals look top notch and animations look very fluid. Also I've noticed people on here saying they've had stuttering issues for whatever reason. I haven't experienced any. So far things have been smooth.

One thing I have noticed was the variety of hits I've seen already. Also tracking the ball in the outfield is much more difficult which I mean in a completely good way. You can't get to everything like it has been in the past. You really need to judge the ball in flight.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »