Home

Operation Sports MLB 2K13 Community Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Operation Sports MLB 2K13 Community Impressions Thread within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2013, 03:42 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Thanks for the update!
It's disappointing, but hopefully they can patch it eventually.
Just so you know, for me it didn't take away from the experience

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2013, 03:47 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Operation Sports MLB 2K13 Impressions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic
Nope, I have not. Haven't seen any AI glitches or problems.
I'm glad that's not in the game if indeed they fixed that issue. I still see the jogging too the ball by the second outfielder which is disappointing. If they can fix that, I would be in baseball heaven. Also if they can update the player pics too update they teams. Hopefully they can patch these issues.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:47 PM   #27
Banned

LetsGoReds's Arena

Played 2 games online. It was a bit rough.

In the first game, I had like 3 glitches happen to me when trying to catch a ball in the outfield. It would do that thing where you'd run to the place where the ball was set to land, but not catch it, with the ball just bouncing right in front of your fielder.

The second game was better. There was a major framerate drop on ground balls hit in the infield.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:03 PM   #28
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I don't personally own the game right now, but I've played quite a bit at Best Buy.

I'm not going to lie, I went all the way to the register until I took back the bundled MLB/NBA 2K13 deal. For whatever ridiculously stupid reason, I thought it was $59.99. Seeing that it wasn't, I didn't have the cash on me to fully purchase it with my Tomb Raider pre-order as well. I would really like to own this game and give it a fair shake, and I certainly will do so when the time comes. It would be extremely tough to juggle three baseball games in one year (I'm getting PYS as well), but I think it's possible.

I like a lot of what this game has to offer, provided the right adjustments. If they had an overall better hitting system, this would be a no-brainer. I think that's my biggest fallback with this series at the moment.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 03-05-2013, 04:04 PM   #29
Rookie

Grumpykore's Arena

OVR: 5
Smile Re: Operation Sports MLB 2K13 Impressions Thread

Bigs and Mk you guys always seems to make the game better each year with sliders and rosters no i'm not worried to much.

I like what you guys have said , i agree!!!- not much we can do since there are no other baseball games for 360 this year and i'm a baseball fan on 2k... I'll stick with 2k13 and learn to love it, i don't get to much gaming time anymore and when i do it mostly baseball and football and wrasslin with my boys.

I'm sure it will be fun - i don't mind trading a few old games in for 2k13.- peace

I'll post impressions 9ish PT.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:42 PM   #30
Rookie

htskr21's Arena

Just booted it up. I knew it wasn't going to be much different in the menu's and stuff but it's still weird looking at an almost carbon copy of 2k12.

Pros: The colours are great. The game play is smoother. The commentary is updated (and good, as always) and there's a roster update on 2kshare from 02/28.

Cons: No classic All-star teams. (Taken out) The 2kbeats music is awful.

Overall, I still like this game better than anything else and I own a PS3.

P.S. I hate to say this but hoping for a patch or much of anything in the support/update area is probably going to leave you disappointed.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:09 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 46

After actually leaving the store with the other game, i got mad and had instant regret, so we drove back and I swapped it out for the Combo pack.

I couldn't wait.

Glad t have both.

Very early impressions:

-the colors are popping man! soooo beautiful. I swear they weren't this robust in 12

-the ball seems to have more life now. I couldn't ask for much more in that regard. Not on this short dev cycle.

-not a new revelation here but, franchise mode is still best in class. 1 game in and i am overwhelmed with stuff to do as usual.

- the pitcher/batter showdown, on both side of the ball mama mia, this is fun.

more to come...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2013, 05:11 PM   #32
Rookie

AcceptedIntern4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I don't personally own the game right now, but I've played quite a bit at Best Buy.

I'm not going to lie, I went all the way to the register until I took back the bundled MLB/NBA 2K13 deal. For whatever ridiculously stupid reason, I thought it was $59.99. Seeing that it wasn't, I didn't have the cash on me to fully purchase it with my Tomb Raider pre-order as well. I would really like to own this game and give it a fair shake, and I certainly will do so when the time comes. It would be extremely tough to juggle three baseball games in one year (I'm getting PYS as well), but I think it's possible.

I like a lot of what this game has to offer, provided the right adjustments. If they had an overall better hitting system, this would be a no-brainer. I think that's my biggest fallback with this series at the moment.
I'll sell you my copy for $45.00. At this point I am hoping to minimize my losses.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »