Home

MLB 13 The Show Review (PS3)

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Review (PS3) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2013, 12:56 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
MLB 13 The Show Review (PS3)

Your opinion of MLB 13 The Show is going to depend, in large part, on what kind of consumer you are. If you embrace “the new” and thrive off of flashiness, or drool over revealed feature-sets, you are probably going to feel slightly disappointed with what The Show offers this year. Those feelings are completely understandable.

However, if you simply appreciate quality titles, regardless of how much they’ve changed, you will almost certainly come to see MLB 13 The Show as the best console baseball game to date.

I have.

Read More - MLB 13 The Show Review (PS3)
Platform: PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2013, 01:01 PM   #2
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: MLB 13 The Show Review (PS3)

Great review Chris, this is my first The Show game since 06 so ALL of it feels new to me and I am just taking it all in and enjoying every second of it! I do hear a lot of people nitpicking and that is understandable but I am just ignoring them all and playing through this gem.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:11 PM   #3
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1
I'm a big rtts guy and will say that this is the most fun I've had with the mode. I agree with what he said about base running, it really slows the game down. I know that you can choose to fast forward CPU teammate ABs in the options menu but I like to try to steal sometimes but when the base is occupied with no outs the rest of the inning takes too long to finish. There needs to be an option to fast forward the AB during the game. Right now if I get on base it will be too late to fast forward for that AB and it is a pain to go back and change it to normal after the inning. I just think it would make rtts a lot smoother with an option with a button or something.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:21 PM   #4
Rookie

PovertyStricken's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkdawg777
I'm a big rtts guy and will say that this is the most fun I've had with the mode. I agree with what he said about base running, it really slows the game down. I know that you can choose to fast forward CPU teammate ABs in the options menu but I like to try to steal sometimes but when the base is occupied with no outs the rest of the inning takes too long to finish. There needs to be an option to fast forward the AB during the game. Right now if I get on base it will be too late to fast forward for that AB and it is a pain to go back and change it to normal after the inning. I just think it would make rtts a lot smoother with an option with a button or something.
Great Review! BTW...sparkdawg....I'm not sure if you know this or not (b/c I didn't until someone pointed it out), but you can change your settings to only show you on the basepaths when you are the lead runner. This makes it much more fun for me as I don't have to stand around and wait on the lead runner's decision. Just throwing it out there incase you didn't know.

Take care!
Old 03-06-2013, 01:23 PM   #5
Rookie

some errors in the game, I hope in the coming game patch corrected.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2013, 01:24 PM   #6
Banned

I'm more than happy with this years version. It doesn't need massive jumps when it's this good.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:14 PM   #7
Banned

So no mention of the off-line cpu pitch stutter?. That should be noted and added to score value.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:16 PM   #8
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: MLB 13 The Show Review (PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JukeMove22
So no mention of the off-line cpu pitch stutter?. That should be noted and added to score value.
What stutter? I've played 10+ games already and haven't experienced this...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »