Home

MLB 13 The Show Review (PS3)

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Review (PS3) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2013, 11:55 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
I have zero stutter in my game. It's smooooooooooooooth!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2013, 12:40 AM   #26
Rookie

joe.a1's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 13 The Show Review (PS3)

Luckily I have no stutter either. *knock on wood*
Overall, I prefer last years game to this one. Just my honest opinion. Though I do LOVE the gameplay of this years. it's the best it's ever been in a baseball video game.
My only complaint is the generated-faces concept (i hate it lol) but I know it's something I'll just have to live with. Hopefully its gone next year and they keep the real faces all game long. The thought of it is cool and all but just really has proved to be nothing but annoying for me and other users.
A couple of other bugs in Franchise mode also. Hopefully it's something that'll get fixed once a patch comes around.
Aside from that, job well done SCEA!
Old 03-07-2013, 01:23 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 3

good to get another opinion from a fellow 11 player. I didn't get 12 and based off your opinion, I think Im just gonna get 12 and update it. Carry over my sliders.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:14 AM   #28
MVP

bigball12's Arena

OVR: 12

Solid review. I wouldn't even put NBA 2K in this class though. This is the PINNACLE of authenticity replication in sports gaming.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:31 AM   #29
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Very good review.
Fair points on all. (except I think that both commentary and fielding are an upgrade as well)

Good read as well.

Nice job!

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-07-2013, 09:44 AM   #30
ShowTime!

NAFBUC's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Very good review.
Fair points on all. (except I think that both commentary and fielding are an upgrade as well)

Good read as well.

Nice job!

M.K.
Knight165
I really enjoy the added challange of fielding this year. I can control my fielders as if it was a 'manual' setting option. The new pressure sensitive throwing (with no visual feeback) creates an upgraded realism factor. You can use the new throwing mech with analog, if you do not like the button throwing option.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:00 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 13

Looking at the quote below, is that all we can expect from the new ball physics that was so hyped, less GroundRule doubles? I thought it was supposed to add new hit variety as well?

"Sony also touted a tweaked physics engine; specifically removing too many ground rule doubles. I’m not sure I fully see the difference in this just yet. If you liked the way the ball acted last year, you’ll like how the ball behaves this year".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2013, 10:06 AM   #32
MVP

sink4ever's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvman
Looking at the quote below, is that all we can expect from the new ball physics that was so hyped, less GroundRule doubles? I thought it was supposed to add new hit variety as well?

"Sony also touted a tweaked physics engine; specifically removing too many ground rule doubles. I’m not sure I fully see the difference in this just yet. If you liked the way the ball acted last year, you’ll like how the ball behaves this year".
Have you read the Community Impressions thread? Improved ball physics/hit variety seems to be one of the most common things mentioned.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »