Home

Realistic Recruiting Expected in NCAA Football 14

This is a discussion on Realistic Recruiting Expected in NCAA Football 14 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-11-2013, 12:11 PM   #9
Rookie

MAGboyswifT27's Arena

OVR: 7
Basically whatever Ben "Hamburglar" says will be false.. Sick of him and EA promising things and not following through!
Old 03-11-2013, 12:12 PM   #10
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan
the message boards have been saying that for years...why EA acts like West Virginia is the first to tell?
It sounds more impressive when you borrow ideas from WVU than from Bob_Tucker_XxX_89 on a message board
Old 03-11-2013, 12:29 PM   #11
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Realistic Recruiting Expected in NCAA Football 14

As long as nothing ends up broken. I thought recruiting overall was as solid as it's ever been last year in terms of ratings, gems/busts, and overall distribution of talent. The mechanic is definitely stale, but they better not ruin the solid core they built last year in an attempt to make things better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2013, 12:41 PM   #12
Rookie

LastExit's Arena

OVR: 0

WV isn't a hot spot for recruiting so WVU probably gave them some good input. As was said in the article, WVU is not like Texas where the school can just hunt around in-state....the Mountaineers have to get most of their recruits from other states and have to shore up weak spots with juco recruits as well.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:58 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 10
Realistic recruiting? Still waiting on realistic gameplay though
Old 03-11-2013, 01:07 PM   #14
Pro

BraveHeart's Arena

OVR: 3

My main worry is that even with a correct direction to go in, the staff will find a way to make it not "realistic", and probably add some unnecessary feature/gimmick that pretty much ruins it. Just look at Coaching Carousel. Good idea but they don't know how to properly implement it. What makes things worse, they think they did a good job with Coaching Carousel. I say that because nothing changed from when it was initially added. I don't remember them saying they would improve on it, or patches to fix it, so I assume they think Coaching Carousel is just fine, and not a flawed method of hiring/firing coaches based on a ridiculous goal feature/gimmick.

I wish EA would just look at CH2k8 and say "Uhh, yeah everything here...copy it". Sadly even then, I still think I'd have my doubts.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:14 PM   #15
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

EA Sports had never consulted with a college about recruiting.
"Everything we've done for the game previously was what made sense to us and what we felt was the right way to do recruiting with the limited abilities within the game to emulate recruiting and have it be fun," said EA Sports producer Ben Haumiller.

I SMH and LOL at the same time on this, oh Tiburon. Anyway better late than never to start consulting real college recruiters about recruiting in a sim game. I hope this all means realism, not the devs idea of "fun", is the new goal for G4 consoles because I am pretty sure EA football games on current consoles are FUBAR at this point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2013, 02:06 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0
I'll believe this when I see it. EA it's all about showing and not talking. We as football gamers have heard enough talk, just start producing. Also, why do you have to get intake on recruiting from a certain university? All you have to do is be aware of how recruiting has changed dramatically to know what to put in a game. I've always felt that they never did recruiting in the game any justice. Anyways I could careless what EA says theses days.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »