Home

Major League Baseball 2K13 Review (XBox 360)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K13 Review (XBox 360) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-11-2013, 07:02 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 46
Re: Major League Baseball 2K13 Review (XBox 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
We'll I didn't expect anything less from this review. The game got killed in the OS Podcast. It's unfortunate that reviewer's are killing this game when Visual Concepts had no intention on releasing a baseball game this year.

They basically were forced by MLB to release this title. What did reviewer's expect with a probable 3 month dev cycle? If anything this game should have gotten an incomplete grade, with a detailed explanation to the community about why.

This game will get killed, but the sad reality is both Take-2 & MLB are to blame for the failure of Baseball on this generations console cycle. MLB for signing an exclusive license and Take-2 for killing the development team solely responsible for developing baseball for them which gave baseball on the 360 a disadvantage compared to the PS3 which has 1 development team for their baseball game.

BTW those killing the game for a $60.00 buck release, blame MLB not Take-2.

Amen, brother.

Like it was stated earlier, a 4 is a slap in the face. This coming from someone [me] who sold 2k12 after a few months last year because the overall weirdness/glitchy play was too much. This game aint no 4.

I do feel if 2k had a long standing dev presence here, It'd never get that low of a score.
That' how I see it.

And congrats to the thread in general. I'd thought there'd be way more hit and run comments from the people who only post in the Show forums. There's only been a few.

I mean really, how can a game where the reviewer states this:

Quote:
But something happened once I opened up the game and placed it in my system: MLB 2K13 really isn’t that bad; it’s honestly a very enjoyable game. It’s a blast to pick-up-and-play with friends and feels very familiar on the field

....get that low of a score.

Last edited by econoodle; 03-11-2013 at 07:05 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:35 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 4

I'm a little confused by the reviews this franchise has routinely gotten.

Basically all reviews boil down to something like this: This game sucks, but I like playing it.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:21 PM   #19
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
Should be on Steam for cheap. And PC Mods could have really helped this game.

I don't blame the reviewer for the low score. Probably deserves a 4... not enough (if any) changes.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:09 PM   #20
Rookie

philmnn's Arena

OVR: 0
There's nothing wrong with not giving this review pity points because of the short dev cycle. If I bought this game and didn't like it, I wouldn't play it any more just because I felt sorry for them for not having a full year to make it. I thought the review was fair.

I'll consider buying this when the price drops
Old 03-11-2013, 11:07 PM   #21

OVR: 34

Was this a review or another thread started to try and make witty and sarcastic remarks about the series?

It's interesting, the review hardly scratches the surface on what is really wrong with the game (other than it's trendy to hate on it), and then complains about the price tag, claiming it's a "get-rich-quick" scheme. But the game is what's shallow...not the review...right?

This review relies more on the negative tone many have already given this series, rather than thoroughly explaining why the game lacks. It's really more a rinse and repeat of a review. It's entirely too predictable:

Claim the game is fun
Mention how it doesn't compete with The Show
Throw out a gripe about Franchise Mode
Try and reinforce the above by giving it a very low numerical score

The MLB 2K series is far from perfect. It has some key issues that can be frustrating. But please go beyond what everyone else is saying and prove it. Otherwise, post something like this in the MLB 2K vs The Show thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2013, 11:55 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 13

The reviewer talks about the game being shallow but at least 2k implements varying defensive alignments against many hitters not just extreme type shifts. Now do I think they are all perfect, no, but hey at least they made an attempt.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:09 AM   #23
Pro

thbends's Arena

OVR: 9
It is what it is. No I would not buy it over The Show but if I did not have a PS3 there is no shame in getting it. If you enjoy it then good for you. You can't blame 2k alone for the state of the game. The MLB was too slow in making a deal to get the game out there.
Actually sounds like some really like it. I collect sports games so I'll pick it up used to put in my collection.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:47 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 4

I like it and I know the score as far as baseball games go and 2k's deal. This is all the matters to me (I LIKE IT).

PSN maestro3445

Celtics,Pats,Bruins NHL ,and Red Sox.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »