Home

Denard Robinson Wins NCAA Football 14 Cover Vote

This is a discussion on Denard Robinson Wins NCAA Football 14 Cover Vote within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2013, 03:33 PM   #17
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Denard Robinson Wins NCAA Football 14 Cover Vote

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1024
Ok... What if a HB or WR won the cover? Whats your "feeling" tell you then?
Last time they had a RB on the cover for NCAA 12 they hyped no suction blocking and no suction tackling. That your RB was able to run through tiny holes without being sucked into a tackle. Also suppose to have been gang tackles and momentum based tackles.

For NCAA 11 when Tebow was on the cover they hyped that they went to talk to Georgia Tech's legendary head coach. And that the option attack would be deadly. They hyped zone blocking, running lane logic and real assignment AI. That the AI running game was going to be deadly.

For NCAA 10 when Crabtree was on the cover they hyped all new catch animations and bobbled catches. Suppose to have been 100 new catch animations. Funny last year they hyped and said the same thing for NCAA 13.

Over all I don't care who they talk to or who they have on the cover. End of the day the only thing that matters is Game Play AI. If they don't fix that and over haul the way ratings interact with animation and AI logic triggering, then I am more then willing to just play Sim City all summer long.

But anyway I don't expect actually game play information until mid April. Usually they hype cover vote first, then hype up dynasty improvements and game play hype usually be 3rd on the list.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:57 PM   #18
Rookie

SkillzKillz719's Arena

OVR: 17
No way they would have let Swope on the cover over Denard with how well know the former Michigan QB is.

I know who Swope is and most of us probably do in fact, but the general population does not. More people would probably confuse him with Johnny Manziel then actually knowing him lol
Old 03-12-2013, 05:07 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Assuming the cover athlete is to portray a likeness to the actual game, would it be fair to assume EA is leading on that NCAA 2014 will be mediocre at best, feature medium length dreads, and that the injury bug will become rampant?
Old 03-12-2013, 07:02 PM   #20
Rookie

Kingd803's Arena

OVR: 4

Lol sums up ea sports football games perfectly. Denard is perfect, for the quality of game they put out.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:09 PM   #21
Banned

js3512's Arena

OVR: 5
As a Buckeye fan, looks like I won't be buying NCAA 14...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2013, 07:39 PM   #22
Rookie

This Is Michigan's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by js3512
As a Buckeye fan, looks like I won't be buying NCAA 14...

Scoreboard of cover athletes: Michigan 4 ohio 0.

For real people, get over it. There is a little thing called custom covers you can do.

C'mon. Denard is perfect for a video game cover. He has video game stats and is arguably the most marketable amateur athlete in the country right now. Out of all the candidates, he deserved it the most. He's a great kid on and off the field.

Jacking my team's player ratings up since 2003.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:46 PM   #23
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13

allenw88 made this beauty in the custom cover thread.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tOSUcc1.jpg (316.0 KB, 100 views)

Last edited by Gap Integrity; 03-12-2013 at 07:48 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:08 PM   #24
Banned

js3512's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by This Is Michigan

Scoreboard of cover athletes: Michigan 4 ohio 0.

For real people, get over it. There is a little thing called custom covers you can do.

C'mon. Denard is perfect for a video game cover. He has video game stats and is arguably the most marketable amateur athlete in the country right now. Out of all the candidates, he deserved it the most. He's a great kid on and off the field.
Well, to be honest I probably wouldn't have bought the game anyway cause 9 out of 10 years I'll choose the NFL and EA doesn't make a good enough football game to buy both. Denard may be perfect for a video game cover but his NFL career is gonna be a joke.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »