Home

Tiger Woods on PS4 Will Push Visuals, Realism and Social Features

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods on PS4 Will Push Visuals, Realism and Social Features within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2013, 10:25 AM   #1
Pro

22cedric's Arena

OVR: 11
Tiger Woods on PS4 Will Push Visuals, Realism and Social Features

According to Digital Spy, Tiger Woods on the PS4 will push graphics, realism and social features to new heights. The team is also looking at ways to utilize the PS4 controller's touch pad.

Quote:
Executive producer Brent Nielsen told Digital Spy that while the system would "push graphically the game in new areas", it will also improve on the social functionality established in this year's Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14.

"One of the big things we'll be able to continue to push - in addition to graphics and physics as we'll have more memory, more processing power and things we can do to make it more realistic - is really push the social aspect of it," he explained.

"It looks like they'll be giving us tools to be able to do that, so things like the chats, the Connected Tournaments and the arcs [seen in Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14], just continuing to try and push people, because golf by nature is a social sport.

Source - 'Tiger Woods' on PS4 will push visuals, realism and social features (Digital Spy)
Platform: PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2013, 11:48 AM   #2
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: 'Tiger Woods' on PS4 will push visuals, realism and social features

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22cedric
'Tiger Woods' on PS4 will push visuals, realism and social features

http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/new...-features.html
Great news, maybe we will see even more stat overlays.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:35 PM   #3
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22cedric
'Tiger Woods' on PS4 will push visuals, realism and social features
It should help a ton with the ambiance of the course setting and the presentation as well. Not only would I like to be able to put my tee shot in an adjoining fairway, and play the ball from there, I'd like to see some life on the surrounding holes. How cool would it be to be in a tournament and see the twosome aheady of you walking up the next fairway, as you're playing your approach shot?

How about a "Golfer's Eye/Broadcast" hybrid camera that let you watch your shot from the swing camera perspective until it got out of sight and switched to a TV camera view to track it to the finish. To add a new dimension to that, how about watching the other members of your group play their shots from your golfer's point of view, followed by a broadcast camera cut once their ball started disappearing into the distance. The possibilities are almost endless.

Perhaps the best aspect of the new consoles is it will require a new game engine that will take into account the expanded power of the hardware.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:39 AM   #4
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
It should help a ton with the ambiance of the course setting and the presentation as well. Not only would I like to be able to put my tee shot in an adjoining fairway, and play the ball from there, I'd like to see some life on the surrounding holes. How cool would it be to be in a tournament and see the twosome aheady of you walking up the next fairway, as you're playing your approach shot?

How about a "Golfer's Eye/Broadcast" hybrid camera that let you watch your shot from the swing camera perspective until it got out of sight and switched to a TV camera view to track it to the finish. To add a new dimension to that, how about watching the other members of your group play their shots from your golfer's point of view, followed by a broadcast camera cut once their ball started disappearing into the distance. The possibilities are almost endless.

Perhaps the best aspect of the new consoles is it will require a new game engine that will take into account the expanded power of the hardware.
Having bad flashbacks to the first and second rounds of sports games on the 360/PS3 with 'new engines' for the new platforms. Hoping that doesn't happen this time (gutting of features, especially) with the upcoming platforms, but I still shudder.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 03-15-2013, 09:48 AM   #5
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan
Having bad flashbacks to the first and second rounds of sports games on the 360/PS3 with 'new engines' for the new platforms. Hoping that doesn't happen this time (gutting of features, especially) with the upcoming platforms, but I still shudder.
Good news is developers have been saying how easy it is to build games for since its built more like a PC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2013, 09:39 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
agreed. that i s why I am leery to jump on the first year sports releases. especially madden and tiger woods
Old 03-19-2013, 05:53 PM   #7
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay

Golf bags and golfers actually pulling clubs on the tee and in fairways. You could go on and on. Things you've stated is what I've been wanting for ever.

EA, sign this guy.

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Old 03-23-2013, 08:38 AM   #8
MVP

Gerg04's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Meanwhile charging us $10 ($70 bucks?!) more for games. I remember the same thing Dan and it was a harrowing experience. The excitement of a new system with the disappointment of having buggy, featureless games.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »