Home

Madden to Feature Uniform Fashion Critic in its Fake Twitter Feed

This is a discussion on Madden to Feature Uniform Fashion Critic in its Fake Twitter Feed within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 05:07 PM   #17
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Madden to Feature Uniform Fashion Critic in its Fake Twitter Feed

If this turns out to be something that makes them pay attention to uniform details to a T, then that's great. I mean what would be the point if they didn't. It would pretty much make them look bad.

I understand the whole twitter thing but Its meh imo. But the thing is, EA just has a penchant for rubbing their core fans the wrong way. And I think this is one of those things.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:18 PM   #18
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

I expect it's just one variety of twitter users added to that feature to mix things up a little. Tweets will probably have a chance to pop up when teams use throwbacks or use something other than the default.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:28 PM   #19
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.

Here's what really, seriously bugs me per adding the twitter feeds - if I'm not mistaken, to include someone's name and/or likeness in a product for sale, you must pay them. I've never experienced a project where this wasn't the case. Anyway, the point is, that being true would prove once again they are spending money on complete BS that does NOT make the game play any better. It is wasteful spending. It is at the very least a waste of time and resources when it comes to manpower because I guarantee you they had meetings/discussions and then signed contracts as well as the coding that all wasted time making it a reality.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:35 PM   #20
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

I don't understand what value this brings to the game. I mean maybe I missed it, but was this an idea on the Game Changers Idea site that got the most votes? Its an out of season announcement so I will take it for what it is, but its becoming clear that I am in no way, shape, or form the target audience that EA is after.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 03-18-2013, 05:35 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
It's a logical iterative step forward for the Twitter feed feature, which catches a lot of undue flak on this board. That the feature is being expanded should be praised.

At the same time, it should reasonably be expected that this is not the only game improvement.
Yeah I can't wait to read "everyone knows you don't wear white after Labor Day! Except the Browns, who did just that on Sunday. I was appalled" tweets.

Meh. Big f*****g MEH.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2013, 05:40 PM   #22
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31

I understand the whole twitter thing but Its meh imo. But the thing is, EA just has a penchant for rubbing their core fans the wrong way. And I think this is one of those things.
I don't think OS is what EA would consider their core fans. They have little to no presence here when compared to other places and they seem fine with that.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 03-18-2013, 05:52 PM   #23
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Maybe this is a way for Tiburon to make fun of themselves for the numerous uniform oversights over the years. Have that guy faux tweeting about "OMG, the Bears orange pants, really?", lol.

The downside is I don't think the gamers that care about this type of attention to detail will find it funny, considering if the faux Twitter can recognize things like this, so should the devs during development and fix them. Just imagine the irony of taking the time to add a uniform critic to the Twitter feed but neglecting to take the time to fix uniforms gamers have been constructively criticizing for years.

While on the virtual Twitter topic, who in the hell actually uses Twitter as a main media outlet for NFL info in real life? I understand the in-game tweets are based on the Top stories but they need to focus on fleshing out how to better present those stories and what's going on around the virtual league realistically to the User, other than through complimentary Twitter feeds.

Partner exclusively with the "worldwide leader in sports" media, ESPN, but use Twitter as your main media outlet in game. SMH

Last edited by Big FN Deal; 03-18-2013 at 05:59 PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:31 PM   #24
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
I don't think OS is what EA would consider their core fans. They have little to no presence here when compared to other places and they seem fine with that.
Oh I know. I just meant in general. The true hardcore gameplay guys.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »