Home

Looks Like Head Coaches Will Get a Visual Upgrade in Madden NFL 25

This is a discussion on Looks Like Head Coaches Will Get a Visual Upgrade in Madden NFL 25 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2013, 06:22 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Looks Like Head Coaches Will Get a Visual Upgrade in Madden NFL 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Be your opinion as it may, the topic isn't about the design or implementation of CCM.

I referenced CCM as a specific example in response to the poster's assertion which equated unlocking player editing in Madden NFL 13 to adding a Twitter alias. This discussion organically evolved from the talk about "wasting of resources", which previously evolved from the face scanning of players and coaches into the next Madden game.

My point: this thread is not for the discussion of design and implementation of CCM. Any further discussion about this is considered off-topic to this thread, which will now go back to its discussion of the face scanning, its implications, and whether its a good use of Tiburon's resources. Please find a CCM-related thread in which to voice and discuss this opinion. End of discussion.
You were the one that brought up "engineering" and "code architecture"

I just followed. But OK, back on topic.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:43 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Looks Like Head Coaches Will Get a Visual Upgrade in Madden NFL 25

It seems you all understand what a budget is, but completely fail to acknowledge who is in charge... Not developers, not physics guys, not photographers, managers. Managers hold the budget, and I promise you, EA set a budget for each part of the game, based on predicted revenue and other factors, remember that the senior managers are all being chased by every department who will market their change as "game altering", "the next big thing", and I promise you that they are not taking away $$$ from development to put into aesthetics. Each major area will have a budget, which they control how they want. I can bet CCM took a large part of the development budget last year.

As someone who has worked with EA in the past, and other development studios, teams, companies, there is always a set budget for development.

The other part is that the dev team is always quiet, you hear about all the aesthetic changes quickly, because they're easier to controllably leak, you can't leak physics easily, probably because it takes a long time to restructure large chunks of code.

Cheers
RP
Old 03-22-2013, 01:52 AM   #19
MVP

Stroehms's Arena

OVR: 55
I bet they have Coach - Referee interaction scenes with the Real life ref likenesses in the game.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:24 AM   #20
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfctillidie
WTF

Why is the cameraman taking these stupid photos rather than developing better OL blocking?! Better yet, what are you doing with Andy Reid's time letting him sit there, he should be coding a new footplant physics system instead!

WASTE OF RESOURCES AS PER USUAL EA!

couldn't help myself.
For a second there I thought this post was real. Good laugh.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »