Home

NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Patch Has Finally Arrived For 360, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Patch Has Finally Arrived For 360, Post Your Impressions within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2013, 04:47 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
it's official: this company has no business making games.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:55 PM   #18
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Patch Has Finally Arrived For 360, Post Your Impress

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCrouch
Exactly, Dan. All you can do at Charlotte is ride the high line and try to avoid getting walled on 2 and 4 each lap. That doesn't appear to have changed.

But I haven't tried to see if I can pin a car low yet. I'll try that tonight when I start my career just because I'm masochistic.
Have you tried on different AI LEVELS?
Old 03-28-2013, 08:17 PM   #19
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Patch Has Finally Arrived For 360, Post Your Impress

Hard is specifically designed to compete with default setups, so no matter what, they shouldn't come to a standstill using a default setup every lap.

Going lower wouldn't do a thing--it would just get worse. But to answer the question directly, yes...Champion does the exact same thing. You can draft down the backstretch and watch the entire inside line hit the brakes in between Turns 3 and 4. Same coming off of 2 if they don't get it right.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:11 PM   #20
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCrouch
Hard is specifically designed to compete with default setups, so no matter what, they shouldn't come to a standstill using a default setup every lap.

Going lower wouldn't do a thing--it would just get worse. But to answer the question directly, yes...Champion does the exact same thing. You can draft down the backstretch and watch the entire inside line hit the brakes in between Turns 3 and 4. Same coming off of 2 if they don't get it right.
sorry, i thought as much, was just hoping, uggggggggh, trade in for me.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:51 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 3
eutx needs to go back to makin tacos and burritos around the corner at the flaming pinyatta. Tho they wasnt the greatest tacos..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2013, 09:54 PM   #22
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

I played a race at Vegas today after the patch... AI was blowing by me on Hard, which to me is normal since I struggle at Vegas (which is why i picked it so I could race in the pack) The racing was very good I thought, other than the AI being overly aggressive, pretending I wasnt on the track running my line, they'd just plow into me regardless which of course... slowed me down, but not them. However... in the tri oval at the start finish line... the inside line would like almost slam the brakes and drop probably at least 15mph...

Just sad... really really sad...

I had a race afterwards at Michigan though. Very impressive. played with 4x wear... had some green flag stops with no issues. Good racing. So.. I just dont know what to think. some tracks its good, some... its just awful.

Some things never change apparently. I guess these guys are just always going to make games that visually look great, have a good foundation with tons of potential but... at the end of the day... they just dont play very well. They just cant fully deliver. So far what I've seen today from the latest patch... It's just still... still not all there. I dont get it..
Old 03-29-2013, 08:37 AM   #23
MVP

bigdoc85's Arena

OVR: 22

Great foundation is right -- this game could be awesome. I still have fun with it because I'm a casual racer but I could see where it would drive some folks crazy. I kinda felt that way about Madden 12 -- I just couldn't get past all of the stuff that was wrong / broken. I don't know if these guys will get a 3rd chance to get it right -- I can't imagine they made a ton of money on this game. But on the other hand, it's getting better. Not sure if developing a new game on the PS4 / Xbox720 platforms will be easier or not for them. If a new one will get developed -- maybe expect it out at the end of 2014 (November -- to take advantage of holiday sales) and to prepare for the 2015 NASCAR season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
I played a race at Vegas today after the patch... AI was blowing by me on Hard, which to me is normal since I struggle at Vegas (which is why i picked it so I could race in the pack) The racing was very good I thought, other than the AI being overly aggressive, pretending I wasnt on the track running my line, they'd just plow into me regardless which of course... slowed me down, but not them. However... in the tri oval at the start finish line... the inside line would like almost slam the brakes and drop probably at least 15mph...

Just sad... really really sad...

I had a race afterwards at Michigan though. Very impressive. played with 4x wear... had some green flag stops with no issues. Good racing. So.. I just dont know what to think. some tracks its good, some... its just awful.

Some things never change apparently. I guess these guys are just always going to make games that visually look great, have a good foundation with tons of potential but... at the end of the day... they just dont play very well. They just cant fully deliver. So far what I've seen today from the latest patch... It's just still... still not all there. I dont get it..
Old 03-29-2013, 10:30 AM   #24
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

Im done, this is trash, take so long for patch and all the troubles??? For this, I hardly see any improvement?? Thank god for F1, at least I have that for sim racing. I highly suggest to anyone looking for fun and sim experience, with solid AI.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »