Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Developers Provide Some Details on Upcoming Patch

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Developers Provide Some Details on Upcoming Patch within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2013, 02:37 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Developers Provide Some Details on Upcoming Patch

Thanks Steve, I was about to post a link for them....

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 03-29-2013, 03:23 PM   #10
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Here's some more specific information from Sean Wilson about the putting camera patch:

"The putting cam was a bit buggy in the demo, and there's also another bug where the camera will zoom back to the position where the ball was hit once the ball has stopped moving after the shot. That was fixed in the patch as well.

The new follow putting cam will look pretty much exactly what the current camera does when you make a 0-4 foot putt (approximately). There is very subtle jump slightly to the side, but the camera remains positioned behind the golfer.

From his response, it sounds like the like the patched Follow cam putting camera will be like the one used exclusively in the Augusta Practice Facility? I haven't seen that myself, but another user reported that this was what he was seeing at all times when putting on the practice green at Augusta, in the Historic Edition."[/i]

How about the part where he mentioned the fix for the zoom back out 'bug'? I didn't expect them to address it! I thought that zoom-out after finish was an artistic choice, but I'm glad to learn now that it really was a bug Those of you who have the Historic Edition can go to the practice putting green at Augusta and see how this new Follow cam putting camera will work, in game, with any length putt. I'd like to hear from you if you try it and get your reaction to how it looks and feels on a 40 foot putt, for example.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:23 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 4
i have read about a green speed problem...is this to be fixed??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2013, 07:36 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamackeris76
i have read about a green speed problem...is this to be fixed??
There isn't one. It is different than '13, but once you figure out how putting works, it is very effective.

The Golf Club 2
Old 03-29-2013, 08:38 PM   #13
Rookie

DAROCK2300's Arena

OVR: 0

I just don't get how the career stats bugs/glitches got past the QA testers when all they had to do is have someone play out a few careers to see if the simulation was calculating correctly. It seems weird that computer code is based on numbers yet they still couldn't get the scores to add up right.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:54 PM   #14
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAROCK2300
I just don't get how the career stats bugs/glitches got past the QA testers when all they had to do is have someone play out a few careers to see if the simulation was calculating correctly. It seems weird that computer code is based on numbers yet they still couldn't get the scores to add up right.
i still havent seen that bug... My career mode works fine with the scoring... guess Im lucky?
Old 03-30-2013, 09:46 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
There isn't one. It is different than '13, but once you figure out how putting works, it is very effective.
i was sure i read that fast greens were not playing fast ??? is that not the case then ???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2013, 10:31 AM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamackeris76
i was sure i read that fast greens were not playing fast ??? is that not the case then ???
Not at all. Greens are actually faster this year than TW13, but you have to practice with the changes they made to the putting backswing otherwise you will come up short on putts. See post below from the EA Tiger forums which is spot on.

Quote:
I found with putting and even touch shots you need to take a slower backswing to give time for the animation to reach its full backswing. If your to quick you end up with a shorter distance with the new swing mechanics at the higher difficulty levels.
Hope this helps. Also found out that a number of issues with Career Mode scoring, cut lines, etc have been reproduced and they are testing the fix to hopefully include with the patch. Once a fix is confirmed, it will be added to the official patch list.

The Golf Club 2

Last edited by DivotMaker; 03-30-2013 at 10:34 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »