Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Developers Provide Some Details on Upcoming Patch

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Developers Provide Some Details on Upcoming Patch within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2013, 06:05 PM   #17
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Developers Provide Some Details on Upcoming Patch

Posting this because I suspect we're going to see one, and hopefully both of these putting cameras in the patch. These are currently buried on the practice putting green at the Augusta practice facility in the Historic Edition, check this out!

http://underthecode.com/utcforums/in...135/#post-1335

Prepare yourself for an epic feast for the eyes! Michael Amspaugh (cccgolfer08 ) has posted his video of the putting camera that I'm thinking we *might* be getting with the patch. I'm absolutely speachless after seeing it as it completely transforms the game into a much more visceral experience IMO!

I want you all to notice something in particular about this as you watch. In the lower right corner, the label "Follow Cam" appears for the first two or three putts, then the label "Broadcast Cam" appears for the last two or three putts. While I easily prefer both cameras in Mikey's video to what we now have for putting cameras in either presentation option, I prefer the Broadcast Cam over the Follow Cam, as seen in the video. If I was able to take what's called "Broadcast Cam" in Mikey's video, hit the "R" button to bump the swing camera height to 'head high" (which is how I play the entire game anyway), I think the putting camera it would yield would be pure nirvana!!

I'm thinking about marching out right now and buying the Historic Edition, just so I can experience what *might* (hate to keep having to use that qualifier) be the "Game Changing" transformation - for OCD types like me anyway - this change could make!
Old 03-31-2013, 06:35 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 4
Divotmaker.......as a long time Tiger Woods fan is this version worth me gettting??? I'm encouraged by the fact that the putting camera is getting fixed. What are the new sim settings like?? I read something about the yardage not being available which i think is daft if it is the case as the caddie would tell you. Also the broadcast cam on the drives is still there despite numerous complaints. Also i have always hated the fact that if you go online and play in tourneys people are getting early 50's for a round.....is this better now are scores more realistic??
Old 03-31-2013, 08:21 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamackeris76
Divotmaker.......as a long time Tiger Woods fan is this version worth me gettting??? I'm encouraged by the fact that the putting camera is getting fixed. What are the new sim settings like?? I read something about the yardage not being available which i think is daft if it is the case as the caddie would tell you. Also the broadcast cam on the drives is still there despite numerous complaints. Also i have always hated the fact that if you go online and play in tourneys people are getting early 50's for a round.....is this better now are scores more realistic??
Instead of taking my word for it, why not read what others here and in the EA forums are saying? I think this is the best playing version of Tiger yet and when patched, I think it has a chance to be the best ever. I do not miss the yardage in Simulation, but others feel differently. The putting cam has not bothered me, but I am glad it is getting updated and improved for others who are bothered by it. Scoring wise, I average around 63 after 500 rounds of TW13 and in this game I am averaging 70.5 after 25 rounds, so scoring is vastly improved IMO. Minus 5 won the OS Bushwood event at Colonial yesterday and I was +2 as I hit all of 4 fairways the entire round......good luck in what you decide.

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 04-02-2013, 11:58 AM   #20
MVP

Latest update on the TW14 Patch....

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9396331.page

The Golf Club 2
Old 04-02-2013, 12:19 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 1

I might have missed it on the EA patch thread. Did anyone bring up the situation when putting that the graphic hangs over the putting line or backswing area. And the only way to get it to go away is to pause the game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2013, 08:02 PM   #22
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

Updated OP w/ latest patch items, one more added today.
Follow me on Twitter
Old 04-04-2013, 09:45 PM   #23
Just started!

OVR: 0
Does anyone know how to activate the true aim feature? I went to the presentation section and all it had was broadcast and follow? Any ideas?
Old 04-04-2013, 10:25 PM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by braves1398
Does anyone know how to activate the true aim feature? I went to the presentation section and all it had was broadcast and follow? Any ideas?
There is no TrueAim feature unless you are playing default Simulation mode and the camera is a bit different than TW11 TrueAim.

The Golf Club 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »