Home

NCAA Football 14 Preview (Kotaku)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Preview (Kotaku) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2013, 08:54 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NCAA Football 14 Preview (Kotaku)

Kotaku's Owen Good has posted his NCAA Football 14 preview. Probably the most interesting part of the article is when he describes player stamina and how it could play out in the game.

Quote:
Most importantly, you're going to see a player's stamina during a play, and watch it drain as a long run plays out, or as he chains together a juke followed by a spin followed by a truck, with each move decreasing in effectiveness as his stamina runs out. "If you're scrambling with your quarterback, you're more likely to get a less accurate throw at the end," Richart says.

This should cut down on that multiplayer staple, the quarterback's 198-step drop followed by a sideline-to-sideline run followed by a laser beam to the flanker. Last year, NCAA Football 13 hardwired 3, 5 and 7-step drop animations into some plays to keep players from instinctively laying back on the left stick, but they still did it anyway. With play-to-play stamina—which will be informed by a player's rating, and will be less in fourth quarter or in overtime than at the start of a drive in the first quarter—cheap stuff can be more easily neutralized.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2013, 09:14 PM   #2
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: NCAA Football 14 Preview (Kotaku)

Great write-up by Owen, as always. Great to hear that they are putting so much focus on line play this year. This alone would improve the game immensely in my opinion.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:16 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 8

good read. Some OL/DL stuff mentioned. Biggest thing I've read about so far is fatigue. Will be interesting to see if it works as advertised, but this could be one of the biggest sim mechanics in years.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:16 PM   #4
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Great write-up by Owen, as always. Great to hear that they are putting so much focus on line play this year. This alone would improve the game immensely in my opinion.
Need to find out more about OL/DL interraction.

Are the DE's driving up forcing the pocket?
Old 04-03-2013, 09:30 PM   #5
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Need to find out more about OL/DL interraction.

Are the DE's driving up forcing the pocket?
I have a feeling we still won't get this. It always seems like they work on things in compartments. Seems like run blocking is the focus this year.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2013, 09:32 PM   #6
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8

Good read, nothing new between all these articles but I'm optimistic.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:56 PM   #7
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
With play-to-play stamina—which will be informed by a player's rating, and will be less in fourth quarter or in overtime than at the start of a drive in the first quarter—cheap stuff can be more easily neutralized.
Play by play stamina is long over due. It will make having a deep depth chart more worth while. Past years I never cared for deep depth chart because players never got tired to the point it effected their performance. I could have ran the ball 35 times in a row with the same RB, he still performed on a high level as though it was his 1st running attempt.

So hopefully now you can TRULY tire out a defense and see them put in some 2nd and 3rd string defensive linemen. And that you will actually see teams use more then 1 running back during the game. Then finally HOPEFULLY it will penalize people who call blitz plays every down. Since technically if the same player is constantly doing a lot of running every play, he will get more and more tired & less effective.

So finally NCAA can be played more like chess and strategic, instead of just use the same 3 money plays all game long.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:10 PM   #8
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I have a feeling we still won't get this. It always seems like they work on things in compartments. Seems like run blocking is the focus this year.
If this hasn't been upgraded and given the depth it deserves then Im going to have a hard time buying the game again.

Too many years of having to withstand that ugliness finally became too much for me and I skipped last years games.

If its another year of dancing...then its going to be hard to look at any other area of the game....Im just that fed up with it

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »