Home

A More Detailed Look at NCAA Football 14 (TSO)

This is a discussion on A More Detailed Look at NCAA Football 14 (TSO) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2013, 10:17 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
A More Detailed Look at NCAA Football 14 (TSO)

TSO has posted a more detailed look at all of the recent NCAA Football 14 news.

Quote:
I've been hammering for this feature ever since I joined the EA Sports Game Changer program as I feel that it is another important aspect of NCAA Football that we were simply missing. You guys who love the no-huddle and up-tempo offenses are going to be challenged with managing substitutions or risk getting the ball to a running back or wide receiver and him not having any gas left in the tank to take it anywhere up field. This will also force people to actually look at your substitution sliders in your coaching preferences.

This will also effect some special team decisions. Not that it was a good idea before, but utilizing your star skill players for punt and kick returners will ultimately reduce their effectiveness as the workhorses for your offensive attack. Additionally, a guy with 99 SPD 99 ACL and 99 AGI may not be the best option as a kick returner if his stamina is only a 62. Sure, he breaks the field open more often than anyone else on your team, but you won't think as highly of him when he gets sucked up from behind every time as he starts to fatigue. Conversely, players with lower speeds but higher stamina ratings will be rewarded for sticking with a play and taking good angles as their efforts could end up paying off in the form of a touchdown saving tackle.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2013, 10:36 AM   #2
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: A More Detailed Look at NCAA Football 14 (TSO)

Good read. I'm ready to see some of this in action. As a former running back I'm looking forward to this new run system
Old 04-04-2013, 11:00 AM   #3
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
Good read. I'm ready to see some of this in action. As a former running back I'm looking forward to this new run system
I'm excited. I just hope the blocking is as good as the running game looks. Hopefully the days of stud defensive lineman getting thrown on their backs regularly is over.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:15 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Like what I read so far in all of the articles. Should make recruiting RBs and OL more fun. In the past, I would just recruit 1-3 star OL because it didnt matter.

I still want to know about DL play and CPU playcalling. I expected Running Game and Blocking to be improved. Pass Rush has been terrible for years. I want to go after the big name DEs in classes, but it doesnt matter. Only way I can get consistent pressure is blitzing fast LBs. I hope CPU PlayCalling is overhauled or Coach Skills has an effect on PlayCall
Old 04-04-2013, 11:20 AM   #5
Rookie

COACH WEBB's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
Did you play college ball?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2013, 11:27 AM   #6
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

This article has me much more optimistic about these changes. Good read

Watch me play video games
Old 04-04-2013, 11:49 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 29

I'm liking everything just hoping theres an option to turn the blocking indicators off for two reasons I think after enough repetition they wont be needed anymore and if the OL follows their assignments the way their claiming it seems like which defender to read should be clear to begin with
Old 04-04-2013, 12:47 PM   #8
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
2) In my opinion, I don't think you will see a complete OL/DL overhaul until next gen. I think we are being restricted by technology at this point. But you are correct, fixing the AI was the priority. Honestly I think it allows you to overlook the animation issues. For now.

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »