Home

A More Detailed Look at NCAA Football 14 (TSO)

This is a discussion on A More Detailed Look at NCAA Football 14 (TSO) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2013, 02:03 PM   #9
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: A More Detailed Look at NCAA Football 14 (TSO)

This adds a whole new element to recruiting as well. It will be more than just recruiting the fastest guys and mashing down the sprint button with them all game long.

That running back with an 82 speed rating, 94 acceleration rating, and 94 stamina rating just became a whole lot more useful.

That possession receiver who accelerates quickly and has high stamina can get you 8-10 yards all game, albeit in a less "sexy" way than the guy who rips off the 82 yard go routes.

This will also require a lot more depth to your rosters at all positions...which only amplifies the importance of 85 man rosters...
Old 04-04-2013, 02:31 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 19

I personally would like to see some Vid's of each thing they are saying will be in the game.

Simply saying it doesn't mean it will be in the final version (aka progressive fatigue on a play that was in '09 Demo, or the variable ball bounces on punts in '11 or '12 Demo, but was absent in retail)

We need to see both Hum vs CPU and CPU vs CPU and let all these injections speak for themselves, so folks are not waiting weeks/months after purchase for what was advertised/hyped as being in the game. (this is the history as of late)
Old 04-04-2013, 03:23 PM   #11
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH WEBB
Did you play college ball?
yes sir i did
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2013, 03:41 PM   #12
Banned

MarylandMan's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
yes sir i did
I really want to play college ball even if its at a small school like Hopkins, but I started in 10th grade, so im not sure if i can make it...
Old 04-04-2013, 03:54 PM   #13
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMan
I really want to play college ball even if its at a small school like Hopkins, but I started in 10th grade, so im not sure if i can make it...
Whether you think you can, or you can't, You're right.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:02 PM   #14
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Gotta love EA and all of their catch phrases.

NCAA Football has probably changed the least out of all of their franchises from year-to-year.

Now you're telling me that they've added all of these new features right before next gen systems come out?

Ok, I'll bite.

So you're telling me that Stamina was basically meaningless for the past 10+ iterations of NCAA Football but now it matters because you've added a stamina meter under each player? But Stamina is affected by a Sprint mechanism that the User no longer controls.

What if I don't want to Sprint/Accelerate when the AI wants me to? I'm punished because of it. And how does it affect a LB who is out in coverage making a magical break on the ball?

Show me an actual gameplay video, not a Sizzle trailer.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:05 PM   #15
Rookie

LastExit's Arena

OVR: 0

I really like the concept behind the fatigue meter but I hope that the actual meter isn't there during gameplay (that is, while a play is in progress). I hope it shows up either at the user's prompting (hitting the whatever button) or comes on while the team is approaching the line of scrimmage and then disappears once the ball is hiked.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2013, 04:09 PM   #16
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Gotta love EA and all of their catch phrases.

NCAA Football has probably changed the least out of all of their franchises from year-to-year.

Now you're telling me that they've added all of these new features right before next gen systems come out?

Ok, I'll bite.

So you're telling me that Stamina was basically meaningless for the past 10+ iterations of NCAA Football but now it matters because you've added a stamina meter under each player? But Stamina is affected by a Sprint mechanism that the User no longer controls.

What if I don't want to Sprint/Accelerate when the AI wants me to? I'm punished because of it. And how does it affect a LB who is out in coverage making a magical break on the ball?

Show me an actual gameplay video, not a Sizzle trailer.
It's April 4th man. I am sure we will see plenty of gameplay soon. And don't take this the wrong way, This is coming from a guy who didn't buy either football game last year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »