Home

A More Detailed Look at NCAA Football 14 (TSO)

This is a discussion on A More Detailed Look at NCAA Football 14 (TSO) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2013, 04:27 PM   #17
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: A More Detailed Look at NCAA Football 14 (TSO)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
It's April 4th man. I am sure we will see plenty of gameplay soon. And don't take this the wrong way, This is coming from a guy who didn't buy either football game last year.
I bought NCAA 13 a few weeks ago when the price dropped to $30.

I definitely don't want to be a killjoy.

I just know what EA says every year and what the final product has been.

I'm fine with them implementing the IE.

However, I'm not buying into all of their catch phrases.

If anyone has played NCAA over the past 10 years, you know exactly what their AI logic is. Doesn't mean the game won't be fun though.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:31 PM   #18
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
I bought NCAA 13 a few weeks ago when the price dropped to $30.

I definitely don't want to be a killjoy.

I just know what EA says every year and what the final product has been.

I'm fine with them implementing the IE.

However, I'm not buying into all of their catch phrases.

If anyone has played NCAA over the past 10 years, you know exactly what their AI logic is. Doesn't mean the game won't be fun though.
I agree man, but I like to keep an open mind every year. I guess that's my downfall when it comes to these games.

To be honest though, I am much more looking forward to next gen games. I see 14 to be a stop-gap anyway.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:31 PM   #19
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Gotta love EA and all of their catch phrases.

NCAA Football has probably changed the least out of all of their franchises from year-to-year.

Now you're telling me that they've added all of these new features right before next gen systems come out?

Ok, I'll bite.

So you're telling me that Stamina was basically meaningless for the past 10+ iterations of NCAA Football but now it matters because you've added a stamina meter under each player? But Stamina is affected by a Sprint mechanism that the User no longer controls.

What if I don't want to Sprint/Accelerate when the AI wants me to? I'm punished because of it. And how does it affect a LB who is out in coverage making a magical break on the ball?

Show me an actual gameplay video, not a Sizzle trailer.
This is one of the more substantial changes I am most interested in because I have complained about it for awhile. Stamina always existed and some even reported having increased effects with sliders but what I think is different with this system is that it is in real time now. Meaning, before players got worn down but not during the play and I am not entirely sure the color code fatigue system in the playcall screen did much more than gauge when a player should be subbed out. This system should allow not only for players to get winded during plays but also wear down throughout the entire game and potentially an entire season.

So we shouldn't just see a WR get benched after catching a 80+ yard catch or DB for a long int return for being "red" tired but have those players still on the field, operating at a lower level. Picture a basketball video game where your players are naturally wearing down and noticeably effected but not exhausted enough to be on the bench, unless you have great depth. That's what I presume this system brings to EA football games that has been lacking.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:11 PM   #20
A DB'S SWAG

avwhitechic's Arena

OVR: 2

I just Amazon'd PRE-ORDERED PS3
Old 04-04-2013, 05:15 PM   #21
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
This is one of the more substantial changes I am most interested in because I have complained about it for awhile. Stamina always existed and some even reported having increased effects with sliders but what I think is different with this system is that it is in real time now. Meaning, before players got worn down but not during the play and I am not entirely sure the color code fatigue system in the playcall screen did much more than gauge when a player should be subbed out. This system should allow not only for players to get winded during plays but also wear down throughout the entire game and potentially an entire season.

So we shouldn't just see a WR get benched after catching a 80+ yard catch or DB for a long int return for being "red" tired but have those players still on the field, operating at a lower level. Picture a basketball video game where your players are naturally wearing down and noticeably effected but not exhausted enough to be on the bench, unless you have great depth. That's what I presume this system brings to EA football games that has been lacking.
Who says I won't to sprint when the AI wants me to though?

FIFA penalizes the user for mashing the Sprint/Turbo button.

That is no longer in our hands.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2013, 05:22 PM   #22
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
The only thing that bothering me about all the new info is lack of inolfo whether this will be the version where there aren't overpowered DT's especially on the computers end. Its always there, mentioned ad nauseum on this forum, but sadly I don't and probably won't ever see it mentioned being fixed in previews.

Also dynasty weather. To my dying day I will request variations in weather besides bright sunshine and downpour. They added fog and cool lighting for overcast games and its something that will never occur in dynasty games. Not a big issue in the grand scheme just a personal gripe. Hoping I hear something when dynasty info drops.

All that being said this writeup has the best info so far. Just wish it works as advertised and the CPU utilizes this stuff.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:37 PM   #23
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Who says I won't to sprint when the AI wants me to though?

FIFA penalizes the user for mashing the Sprint/Turbo button.

That is no longer in our hands.
I don't understand what you are saying here, why would you have sprint when the AI wants you too and what has been taken out of our hands? I haven't actually played the game, only read what others have stated, which gives me the impression that you can use speed burst when you want, when your able. The auto part seems to be a natural speed progression of building to a players top speed when moving in a given direction, which I think has been needed for years for CPU players. Essentially, as far as I know, CPU players never used sprint and sprint had no risk/reward for a User. Now CPU players can naturally build up speed when moving and Users along with the CPU can utilize the speed burst. Nobody on a real football field after the snap of the ball is "jogging" around the field like they do in M13. If you watch a fly route between a CPU WR and CPU defender, neither seem to be hustling down field, unless a User takes control to hit sprint. Hopefully this system changes that and CPU players are now hustling during plays and gradually wearing down like they should.

Maybe I am looking at this wrong but I keep picturing this as the same mechanic used in basketball games, which I think is good for a football game too.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:52 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 29

I think we need to forget the term sprint all together moving forward from the news it seems like the more proper term now is hustle. So like Big said you wont get penalized much for reaching your top speed naturally, but the extra hustle that the trigger provides will cost you both during a play and throughout the game if used repeatedly. Of course though even if you go an entire game without using the trigger your players should still show fatigue on long plays and particularly in the 4th

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »