Home

EA Canada Working on NBA Concept, Looking for Testers

This is a discussion on EA Canada Working on NBA Concept, Looking for Testers within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2013, 01:20 PM   #9
Rookie

NCStateProperty's Arena

OVR: 0
It HAS to be a college b-ball game. 2K has the NBA pretty much nailed, even they are having trouble, it seems, to keep it fresh, there's almost nothing left they can do outside of bringing back Crew mode and more teams

NCAA Basketball 2010 wasn't terrible, but it was glitchy as hell and you can't really enjoy the game when you're waiting for a freeze at any given moment. The CBS and ESPN mixed presenation was pretty awesome, as well as building up your campus for boost and make you more attractive to recruits.

I love the Online Dynasty in the NCAA Football series and would love to have that with a basketball game. I can't stand how 2k has the Online Association set up

A college basketball game would sell it's *** off...if anything that's enough to get EA motivated to make it happen
Old 04-08-2013, 01:24 PM   #10
Banned

Rdogg1026's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: EA Canada Working on NBA Concept, Looking for Testers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProbieByKO
"What do you guys think EA is working on?"

-a buggy mess of a game that will eventually become semi-playable after 3-4 patches?
If we're making EA jokes....

This is unusual because we usually pay EA $60 every time a new game comes out to be their "testers"

EA will have footage of people testing this concept and will release it as paid DLC in a future title.

Last edited by Rdogg1026; 04-08-2013 at 01:27 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:06 PM   #11
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

OVR: 4

would love a college game but I want live 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2013, 02:49 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCStateProperty
It HAS to be a college b-ball game. 2K has the NBA pretty much nailed, even they are having trouble, it seems, to keep it fresh, there's almost nothing left they can do outside of bringing back Crew mode and more teams

NCAA Basketball 2010 wasn't terrible, but it was glitchy as hell and you can't really enjoy the game when you're waiting for a freeze at any given moment. The CBS and ESPN mixed presenation was pretty awesome, as well as building up your campus for boost and make you more attractive to recruits.

I love the Online Dynasty in the NCAA Football series and would love to have that with a basketball game. I can't stand how 2k has the Online Association set up

A college basketball game would sell it's *** off...if anything that's enough to get EA motivated to make it happen
Feel free to point to any year that either EAs or 2Ks college basketball titles sold "its *** off"

The college videogame market is so small it makes no economic sense to even attempt to make another title.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:00 PM   #13
Pro

Tsuki's Arena

OVR: 6
How about a new NBA Street?
Old 04-08-2013, 03:08 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 11
It has to be a Street game. The past games EA has produced basketball wise has lacked a lot. The best game they had going was NBA Live 2005. Oh how I miss that game. For once you felt like you were in control. Then came 06 with the stupid version of their signature skills. The best thing EA did was bring in FIBA mode. Maybe EA should make a European basketball global game. They would give 2K some "some competition" and they could afford the licenses of all the European games such like FIFA. Just saying folks your international sports fan.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:09 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 21
EA, you have to do NCAA BASKETBALL 14 and for Xbox must be R E G I O N F R E E !

We Europeans are fed up with never being able to play any NCAA game! The NCAA games are only in NTSC format and does not works in European xbox consolle (in PAL format).

MADE 14 NCAA BASKETBALL REGION FREE!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2013, 03:30 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0
This is not a news story! EA does a lot of focus testing for all their games (sports and non-sports) titles in Vancouver. They do focus testing for their iOS and Web-only games developed in Romania in their EAC Offices. Just because they're doing a focus test does not mean they are making the game in Vancouver. Come on, I know this isn't a full-time professional site, but a simple EA Playtesting google search will see that. They focus test all sorts of games there, it's one of the many perks of having an international company.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »