Home

EA Study Claims It Doesn't Use All College Likenesses in Video Games, Just Some

This is a discussion on EA Study Claims It Doesn't Use All College Likenesses in Video Games, Just Some within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2013, 03:39 PM   #17
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23
Pay them already...the "value" of an education is highly subjective. The value of a dollar...not so much.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:41 PM   #18
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: EA Study Claims It Doesn't Use All College Likenesses in Video Games, Just Some

"What's even more interesting is that EA has hired people to work directly on the NCAA rosters in the past to make them as close to the real thing as possible".

Since they have never been able to use names, this must be referring to physical or ratings likeness or both, either way, GTFOH, lol. The roster creators in the community are the ones that have gotten these rosters as close to the real thing possible, not anyone EA hired, that I am aware of.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:58 PM   #19
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.
Re: EA Study Claims It Doesn't Use All College Likenesses in Video Games, Just Some

No likenesses means, they need to make them look like glitched/UDFA guys in Madden 12 or from Blitz games..? That would suck and destroy the game ever selling again...ever.

Seriously, if they allow for you to DL as many teambuilder schools as you want, then they can make the game as generic per rosters as they want...and those sim folks of us will do all the rest of the work (like we do already, honestly).
Old 04-10-2013, 04:09 PM   #20
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamantic
I will be so disappointed if this lawsuit results in no more college football games because people want more money over bs.
Not just college football games but potentially any other collegiate sport too unless some kind of licensing is figured out.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:11 PM   #21
Rookie

BV11's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpd115
So say they win. Isn't the solution simply for EA to give us a built in powerful roster editor, but ship the game with computer generated rosters? Give a team an overall rating for Offense, Defense, etc. then let the computer generate the rosters to match that overall.
Hopefully.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2013, 04:26 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 7
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Kids that are on academic scholarships and band scholarships are getting the same free education, room and board, etc that kids on athletic scholarships are. The only difference, the kids on band and academic scholarships are allowed to make money off of their own image and the ones that are on athletic scholarships are not. That needs to be corrected.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:35 PM   #23
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
good, now make a college bball game
Old 04-10-2013, 04:39 PM   #24
Pro

soonermagic88's Arena

OVR: 6
Well, so long to ALL college based games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »