Home

NCAA Football 14 Blog - Breaking Down the Gameplay

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Blog - Breaking Down the Gameplay within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2013, 11:38 PM   #17
Rookie

aerovt's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Breaking Down NCAA 14 Game Play Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
I thought I read numerous times that the OL/DL had been worked on??
*O-line blocking assignments have been worked on.

*Line interactions (ie patty cake animations, standing around, and 1 second bull rushes) are unchanged.
*D-line is unchanged. DTs will still get most of the pressure while elite DEs just take up space.
*Punters will still be effective blockers if subbed in along the line.

At least according to the version the Game Changers had access to, but really only small tweaks can be expected from this point on

Last edited by aerovt; 04-10-2013 at 11:42 PM.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:42 PM   #18
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Breaking Down NCAA 14 Game Play Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovt
O-line blocking assignments havebeen worked on.

Line interactions (ie patty cake animations, standing around, and 1 second bull rushes) are unchanged.

D-line is unchanged. DTs will still get most of the pressure while elite DEs just take up space.

Punters will still be effective blockers if subbed in along the line.
That's a huge let down if true.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:23 AM   #19
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: NCAA Football 14 Blog - Breaking Down the Gameplay

So what is EJ Manuel talking about then with the line play being better and more violent???????

http://www.operationsports.com/featu...-14s-gameplay/
Old 04-11-2013, 02:31 AM   #20
Banned

vcu9's Arena

OVR: 19
I am very depressed ..... Ah .... I mean Impressed.

WOW, EA ...... it is 2013 and you decided to implement players cutting on the field.

What a Joke.

This is not trolling. This is just stating the facts, folks.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:28 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2
Madden 2004 with Vick on the front thee best foot planting tech in a Madden game. You actually had to stop change directions and could make defenders miss by timing your movements. Kick returns were the best on that one. Then next gen consoles (360, PS3) EA just completely removed and then put it back and then removed it again. Now we have NFL Figure skaters on every play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2013, 04:42 AM   #22
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
So what is EJ Manuel talking about then with the line play being better and more violent???????

http://www.operationsports.com/featu...-14s-gameplay/
That's code words for tweaked/worked on, improved. Don't expect a drastic change, And what do you expect EJ to say, he was working with EA, they probably told him to say that.

Last edited by ghettogeeksta; 04-11-2013 at 04:45 AM.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:58 AM   #23
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

At this point, all you can really do is laugh.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:20 AM   #24
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

I really don't know what people expected. EVERY SINGLE YEAR it's the EXACT same rodeo from EA and OS with NCAA Football.

They come out with a list of "features", so called features that should be expected in a football game in the first place, and people get on the hype train. Why? I'm not entirely too sure.

Then, people who have played the game say none of the glaring issues from the past 6 versions are fixed. Then, people say, it's an early build, they can tweak, just wait for the demo. The demo comes out, same issues are still present, people are up in arms about how it's just a demo on a low difficulty level and that retail will be much better.

Retail version comes out, same problems are still there, and more glaring bugs and glitches are present. The people who were defending the game say how crap it is, and just like last year that they're never buying another EA football game again.

It's seriously sad that EA can fool these people year after year. They called their physics system, features. The way it was worded in the gameplay blog was that the physics would only trigger in certain situations, just sad.

How do you tout footplanting, fatigue and cut back lanes are your primary features in a football video game? Someone please tell me how these are features?! Especially when line play hasn't been touched, the option still blows according to people that have played it, and i'm sure the safety glitch is still there.

My head hurts from trying to figure out how ANYONE will buy this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »