Home

NCAA Football 14 Pre-Release Q&A: Gameplay (TGT)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Pre-Release Q&A: Gameplay (TGT) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2013, 09:38 PM   #17
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NCAA Football 14 Pre-Release Q&A: Gameplay (TGT)

Maybe next-gen guys.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:53 PM   #18
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
and in a year they're obviously focusing on the run game, the running backs better look like they run realistic. What i've seen so far looked nothing like real life in terms of cuts and open field running. If we get 90 degree angle legs the entire time i'll be upset. No reason we shouldn't see guys stride their legs when they run and move them fast and take quick choppy steps on cuts. I know none of those things will be in but that's the point. It's frustrating that in a year they're focusing on the run game we still won't see guys run like they do in real life. It's just like how they touted the passing game and qb movement in the pocket and on the run last year but the throwing motions still looked awful. When other games can get things like movement down on the same systems (The Show is PS3 only so that's an advantage but other games do it), it's frustrating that they can't get it done at EA for their football games. This will probably be the last I comment for this year on NCAA (i hope) because I can already tell i'm skipping the game this year again (and i don't want to annoy people by sounding repetitive) but it's frustrating that the current people in place can't seem to put out a product on the level of other teams that work on other games.

Football is the most popular North American sport and the NFL & NCAA make more money than we can count but we can't get a game that can simulate the sport the way we can for the NBA, MLB, soccer, NHL, PGA. I think too many people come up with excuses like time or system limitations but if other companies/teams can do it, there is no reason it can't be done for football. I'm not putting this just on the people that make the games. I hear excuses about money and staff numbers, EA was just listed as one of the worst companies, they do put out some good games. They just can't put out a football game that is on the level of other games. EA shouldn't have problems about staff numbers, they should be pulling all their resources together. If Fifa can get more realistic running or hockey can get movement down better, communicate and solve the issue for why the guys in NCAA and Madden move and look so robotic. Work together on collision systems, AI issues. That is on the higher ups.

I just feel like they mailed it in halfway through this generation of systems. They tried to pick 1 or 2 big gripes they'd see people complain a lot about and act like they did something to fix it when really they just put a band-aid on a cut that needs stitches. I feel like when the PS2 was coming to an end (not the last year ps2 games were made, the last year before they came out on next gen) we were at a peak of innovation and the games were at their best. It felt like a college atmosphere, things felt fresh, the games were continuing to improve each year even though the prior year was great. Then we got on these systems and the quality just took a huge dip.

If you look at the graphics on those old systems or you play a ps2 version it's hard to argue it's better than what we have now but once they went a certain level with the graphics and we saw what these systems were capable in other games, the expectation level was set. These games came filled with glaring bugs, slow, bland menus, long save/load times, boring to no presentation and they had taken out so many things we had before. We had to beg for years to get colors on the cleats. Once they did that they never touched, improved, or worked on them again (NBA 2k releases new shoes every year and lets you customize them). They finally gave us a Stadium Sounds system and never touched or improved it again. They finally gave us a team creator with Team Builder, an innovative and ridiculously misused feature that they never improved or touched again. Never have I seen a more ignored and misused feature like Team Builder. We begged for dreads, they gave us Predator dreads and never touched or improved them again (still no eyeblack, mouthpieces, etc.).

I really hope EA does something drastically different on the next set of systems. It's a real shame that football fans don't get the quality game to represent their sport as NBA & MLB fans do.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:13 PM   #19
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
Maybe next-gen guys.
This is the constant thought in my head as I'm reading all the Q&A and previews. Evolved from: maybe next year.

Old 04-12-2013, 12:41 AM   #20
Rookie

prototype561's Arena

OVR: 4

Talking about the running animations. I never understood why that was so hard to do. Grab a few of the combine guys, strap some sensors to them and let them run around, I don't get it. To add some variety use guys with different heights and weights.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:04 AM   #21
Banned

GetReal's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
and in a year they're obviously focusing on the run game, the running backs better look like they run realistic. What i've seen so far looked nothing like real life in terms of cuts and open field running...

...drastically different on the next set of systems. It's a real shame that football fans don't get the quality game to represent their sport as NBA & MLB fans do.
Beautiful message. Can someone please get this in its entirety to Ben Harbringer and the rest of his associates
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2013, 09:49 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
and in a year they're obviously

I really hope EA does something drastically different on the next set of systems. It's a real shame that football fans don't get the quality game to represent their sport as NBA & MLB fans do.
Or hockey and soccer. Madden is without question the worst sports game of the 4 major genres on this generation of systems. Quite honestly, in terms of quality it is not even close.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:30 AM   #23
Rookie

smack23011's Arena

The post on the first section was nothing short of amazing.

How do you not ADD innovated stuff to college football or NFL. I can understand CF because the NCAA limits almost everything they want to do, like taking out create a team--- Mainly NCAA took that out. But why not go against them? Do it anyway ask these top players leaving for the draft to come in and get how they run? Ask college athletes how they're suppose to block, scan the field, engage other players and the such.
NCAA is going to gripe but once they get their percentage of the profit they won't care.

No reason MLB 13 gets a gage for infielders and NCAA QBs don't (get in the green perfect throw, in the red before throw behind the WR, red after over throw your WR). You have 2k13 doing so much more than any other game out. But we can't simple things as equipment down right. Madden took a step in getting down to the last stitch they see we want presentation to its best. Adding different throws and we get stuff with the same game since 2010.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:37 AM   #24
Rookie

smack23011's Arena

Has anyone else noticed in the videos the defender always over runs while the RB does some move.
Doesn't a defender always break down or go strait to the legs always.
Apparently they didn't really fix DL/OL interactions so that'll be amazing to get sacked 5 times a game by UMASS.
No disguises in coverage either, I don't know to many college teams that stand in 4-3 base defense and stay in the same exact spot.They don't walk up touch the hip just get the QB rattled a little bit they would be awesome to see.

I can only hope Dynasty gets something AMAZING or ill be safe for 65 dollars going towards the PS4.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »