Home

Dynasty League Baseball Online Review (PC)

This is a discussion on Dynasty League Baseball Online Review (PC) within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2013, 02:58 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Dynasty League Baseball Online Review (PC)

Learning to drive doesn’t require any real knowledge of how a car works. That said, many people take real pleasure in learning the intricacies of the combustion engine anyways. From there, they can tinker and tweak, with the end result being greater (or at least more personalized) performance.

The same can be said about Dynasty League Baseball Online. You can jump in with only a basic understanding of how the game works, and still find success. But with a little bit of study, you’ll unearth the complexities of the game; in doing so, you’ll set yourself up for a great--and very deep--game of baseball.

Read More - Dynasty League Baseball Online Review (PC)
Platform: PC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2013, 06:20 PM   #2
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Wake me when they finally keep their promise of single user season replays. Until then they won't get any more money from me.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:38 PM   #3
MVP

choadler's Arena

OVR: 14
I agree. For $15 a month, they should have all their seasons available to play solo. Give me the option to roll my own dice too like Strat-o-matic does. I guess it is too late now as I took the dive into Strat and I absolutely love it.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:35 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6
Single season replays are in the plans after the new live draft room and multi-player public draft leagues launch. Currently all seasons are available to play solitaire or with a friend in "Series".

As Caley mentioned, what makes DYNASTY League Baseball Online really unique is the multi-player league experience so that has to be the primary development focus. This is the first full year for Private Draft Leagues and there has been an explosion of new draft leagues forming. Think Fantasy Baseball with a simulation game. One of the main benefits for leagues is that you don't have to import and export files to a league Commissioner to update stats, standings and leaders - it is all updated in real time. I end up captivated watching other players games in my league being updated in real time - especially during the Pennant race.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:42 PM   #5
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
OMG, Old Municipal Stadium. Might have to get this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2013, 09:39 PM   #6
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

Re: Dynasty League Baseball Online Review (PC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCieslinski
Single season replays are in the plans after the new live draft room and multi-player public draft leagues launch. Currently all seasons are available to play solitaire or with a friend in "Series".

As Caley mentioned, what makes DYNASTY League Baseball Online really unique is the multi-player league experience so that has to be the primary development focus. This is the first full year for Private Draft Leagues and there has been an explosion of new draft leagues forming. Think Fantasy Baseball with a simulation game. One of the main benefits for leagues is that you don't have to import and export files to a league Commissioner to update stats, standings and leaders - it is all updated in real time. I end up captivated watching other players games in my league being updated in real time - especially during the Pennant race.
Which is great Mike and the game conversion is great, love it. However being in an online league just isn't going to work for me due to my travel schedule, etc. Solo replays (Strat, DMB, PC Replay, ActionPC) or Management Sims (OOTP, PureSim, Baseball Mogul) are really what grab my attention and keep it. I can play at my own pace, when I have time, with my own rules, etc.

I heard that Solo replays were in the works from you guys at least a year ago. I realize you have other priorities, but I am one of the guys that was buying PTP and Dynasty League the board and CPU versions from the very beginning. Really feeling left out in this new venture.

It is what it is, but I just can't justify the subscription for what I get.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:40 PM   #7
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

Re: Dynasty League Baseball Online Review (PC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by choadler
I agree. For $15 a month, they should have all their seasons available to play solo. Give me the option to roll my own dice too like Strat-o-matic does. I guess it is too late now as I took the dive into Strat and I absolutely love it.
Have you played PC Replay? Absolutely love the game and there's some great mods out there for it (Stadia, Player pics, logos, etc. )
Old 04-12-2013, 10:33 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6
The solitaire "Series" have been in the Online version well before multi-player draft leagues and right at launch Brian so the solitaire component has been there - just not full season replays yet.

The game scheduler was built expressly to provide flexibilty for people to be involved in leagues who travel schedules and have busy schedules. That was a big point of emphasis. Anyone regardless of how busy they are can be involved in a multi-player league. The MLB blog describes how it works:
http://dynastyleaguebaseball.mlblogs.com/2011/02/22/greatest-teams-leagues-debut-with-new-scheduler/

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »