Home

First NHL 14 Screenshot Released

This is a discussion on First NHL 14 Screenshot Released within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2013, 10:57 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: First NHL 14 Screenshot Released

Obviously they spent some time working on hitting, but what I really like fro that screenshot is the fact that if you look really hard at the hit, you see no clipping at all. Every part of Phaneuf and Plekanec is there. It actually looks like to solid beings hitting each other. Hopefully that will work for sticks and legs and such this year.

I was disappointed with this years game, but I love hockey and know that this is a transitional year for the NHL game. All I hope is that they tell us if NHL 14 will launch with the PS4 so I don't have to buy 2 copies!!
Old 04-13-2013, 03:15 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazraz
I see the crowd are following the action closely once again!!!
LOL!
But you failed to take in the fact that Phaneuf is on the ice. Which means he's out of position and hitting someone 80' away from the play, while the puck is around his net.
Old 04-13-2013, 06:10 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 6
To improve the game, they would almost have to go back to square one, and that's not gonna happen. I expect a roster update and more Ultimate Team filler crap.
Old 04-13-2013, 06:45 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by speels
Obviously they spent some time working on hitting, but what I really like fro that screenshot is the fact that if you look really hard at the hit, you see no clipping at all. Every part of Phaneuf and Plekanec is there. It actually looks like to solid beings hitting each other. Hopefully that will work for sticks and legs and such this year.

I was disappointed with this years game, but I love hockey and know that this is a transitional year for the NHL game. All I hope is that they tell us if NHL 14 will launch with the PS4 so I don't have to buy 2 copies!!
lmao no duh dude, movie trailers don't get released with the green screen still in it do they? im sure nhl 13 didnt have screenshots of players flying into the stands but that sure happens
Old 04-13-2013, 07:16 PM   #21
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuke_21
Ugh..nothing to see here
My thoughts exactly. Hopefully Monday's a bit more interesting.

For goodness sakes EA, instead of trying to fix the hitting engine (again), invest some time and money on - wait for it - presentation. Please?

Fixing the Sabres' home jersey color would be nice too, by the way; noticed that during today's Flyers-Sabres game, again.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2013, 12:11 AM   #22
ORIGINAL SIX FAN

13whitebread's Arena

OVR: 15
I think maybe with Montreal vs Toronto this could symbolize a rival element like when you watch an NBC broadcast that feature rival clubs on prime time. And with this being said maybe just maybe this means a NBC style presentation and I hope maybe the announcers will change to a NBC crew. Maybe a reach but one more day till we find out.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:17 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
Agreed, even in a game like MLB the Show you see that problem. Where randomly in the crowd 6 people who all look the same will do the same action at the same time and it stands out because usually none of the people around them are doing anything.
To be fair though, the PS3 is VERY RAM limited. And that probably affects multi-platform games to a fair degree too (you don't want different specs for different consoles; very hard to manage). Thats one area that should improve somewhat next gen.

Anyway, I actually like if they focused on the hitting engine. In 13, you can either hit, or you can't. And lets face it, its VERY hard to do in the open ice. If they get it right, its a huge change in gameplay by itself.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:11 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've seen this mentioned a few times around forums that they wish arenas would be more authentic, and the arena horns. I've also heard some people mentioning their need for better crowds and in game experiences, presentation, and talking about limitations of the console generation.

I read these things from a developer to the community, which I think addresses those. The issue with horns and arenas is mostly due to licensing issues, and not being given the rights to integrate it into the game. It's not that EA doesn't bother, or that they don't want it as much as you.

As for crowd detail, and things the call for presentation improvement, they did say that's why there is only one game official, that they need to stay at one game official due to performance issues until the next generation. I think that might be why we're not seeing graphics advancements to some degree.

Personally simple math's idea on what the picture shows makes a lot of sense.

Last edited by clarkkent70; 04-14-2013 at 06:15 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »