Home

NHL 14 Official Trailer, Six New Features Announced

This is a discussion on NHL 14 Official Trailer, Six New Features Announced within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2013, 10:48 AM   #9
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NHL 14 Official Trailer, Six New Features Announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by pf8363
No one cares about Be a Pro. Get over it.

These improvements sound familiar. These are the exact same selling points they've made year after year. When will we see a major improvement to goalies?
Lol, I think you mean, I don't play BAP so therefore no one does. There are lots of people on the NHL forum that play it and I'm glad they're giving some offline love to that mode. If they didn't touch it, you would be complaining about how they didn't do anything for the mode and it sucks. It sounds like you aren't gonna be happy either way.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:57 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Revamped BAP and 3rd-person fighting?
I'm definitely interested in '14 now.

I know what I'll be getting with the gameplay, but I love BAP modes so if this is close to what NBA2K offers, I might jump in again after a 3 year layoff.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:41 AM   #11
Banned

geoffstanek's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pf8363
No one cares about Be a Pro. Get over it.

These improvements sound familiar. These are the exact same selling points they've made year after year. When will we see a major improvement to goalies?
@ PF8363 - As a strictly OFFLINE player. i welocme the changes to BAP and GM. IMO Online play if for people who dont really know the ins and outs of true hockey. All they know is end to end no defense, thats not realistic as we know its a game but are looking for the most realistic option. If i hd my way there would be no HUT or EASHL. ONLINE sucks and will never get better.

@ CLETUS - Great point. I am a strictly offline player and cant wait for the improvements. This game is GREAT the way it is and i can live with a few issues here and there. Gamers expectations are far too high for console gaming.

I for one cant wait for more videos. This video release showed nothing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2013, 11:41 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4
Same old **** from EA..
Old 04-15-2013, 11:53 AM   #13
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

OVR: 9

its so tempting to go after their updated engine for hitting powered by FIFA's. even though that's the most predictable feature I think any gamer on the planet could have named it.

the rest of the game is solid in my opinion, we'll see how I feel in september/october, but I'm leaning to continue my franchise in 13' and wait for NHL 15, in 2014, you know.. on the PS4
Old 04-15-2013, 11:57 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 24

About time they revamp the fighting. I always turn it off because of it's unrealistic first person, no-one-else-on-the-ice current engine.

No mention (yet) of faceoff kickouts and group celebrations though...
Old 04-15-2013, 11:59 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 6

Where is the presentation overhaul? All the other EA titles and practically every other sports game that matters has vastly improved presentation. What's the problem? The arenas are a joke, the stat overlays are a joke, the cut scenes are a joke, heck the stats are a joke. Where are the AI improvements? Has EA watched a real hockey game. The battles are in the neutral zone and along the boards, the players cycle the puck constantly. It's not about big hitting..heck half the NHL players can't hit properly anyhow. Fighting...really? I like a good fight..but top feature? I've been a huge supporter of this game, but each year has become increasing frustrating with largely cosmetic improvements. Unfortunately, this iteration is shaping up to be just lipstick on a pig!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2013, 12:30 PM   #16
Puck Dynasty

soxnut1018's Arena

OVR: 8

Looks interesting, but I need to seem improvements to AI and presentation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »