Home

NBA 2K13 Roster Update Details (4-16-13)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Roster Update Details (4-16-13) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2013, 10:56 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K13 Roster Update Details (4/16/13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44drob
I NEED T-mac

I don't need Q- brick

Old 04-17-2013, 11:16 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3
The only light at the end of the tunnel is that 2k, while a long ways to go, still has a LOT of room for improvement for next year's title...which I won't be buying until/unless some aspects of the game are improved with more classic teams ('93 Suns), upgrades of classic players (like Bird), better updates (both accessory and roster), etc. It's incredible to me that if something happens with the Lakers, 2k is all over it like maggots on moldy beans, but with my hometown Suns...NOTHING!
Old 04-17-2013, 03:19 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0
This was a horrible year for NBA 2K roster updates. I understand that you can't update every little detail, but this year was a poor excuse for roster updates. From moving players to the injure/active roster list, to inaccurate jersey numbers, bias updates, ect. this year has the worst updates. There were plenty of updates that didn't fix simple mistakes or update enough players that deserves it. I hope 2K fixes this with the next iteration.

In my opinion, without competition from NBA Live, 2K has gotten lazy. Granted, they made an excellent game. This is the best NBA 2K game play wise in my opinion. There could have been many improvements to the mechanics and options to the online play, but the game play was an improvement over the previous games.

I am very surprise that Gordon Hayward never got an update. He played pretty well this season. They should have increased his offensive abilities and his defensive abilities very slightly. Shooting 41.2% from 3pt range is pretty impressive. They never updated Vince Carter's 3Pt rating either. He's currently shooting 40.6% from 3pt range. Someone said that he's only shooting 28% from the corner and 42% at the other 3pt range, but he failed to mention how many shots he takes at each position. 82 isn't enough for a 40.6% 3pt shooter. Vince Carter has made 161 out of 397 attempts. That is pretty impressive. Compare that to someone like Carmelo Anthony who is shooting 37.9% from 3pt making 157 out of 414 attempts. Carmelo's 3pt rating is at an 86. J.R. Smith is shooting 35.6% making 155 out of 436.His 3pt rating is 82, the same as Vince Carter's and higher than Hayward's. Deron Williams is shooting 37.8% making 168 out of 444. His rating is an 84. How does this work? Granted Hayward shoots less 3s than all of them, Carter is making more 3s shooting roughly the same amount as Carmelo, and a lot less than Deron and Smith. Jameer Nelson, Darren Collison, Joe Johnson, Paul George, Damian Lillard, Eric Gordon, ect. all have higher 3pt ratings and their 3pt fg percentage aren't even close to Carter's and Hayward's.

While you can fix the player's rating and the game play by having custom rosters/sliders, you can't really play against other people online with it. Hopefully 2K will improve their roster updates in future installments.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2013, 03:20 PM   #12
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NBA 2K13 Roster Update Details (4-16-13)

get used to it, 2k will FOREVER be this bad at updating rosters and fixes with bugs until EA gets their ... together and gives them some competition
Old 04-17-2013, 04:18 PM   #13
Rookie

Man ... the roster updates this year have been really painful to look at. Just dreadful.

It's a shame 2K has given the insider all these different tools and barometers in the player edit menu to make amazingly accurate rosters but he is either too lazy or inept to take advantage.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:21 PM   #14
2K Sports Community Manager

LD2k's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
get used to it, 2k will FOREVER....
Forever is a strong word.

Master of Operation Sports .gifs

Old 04-17-2013, 04:33 PM   #15
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
i hope i am proved 100% wrong in 2k14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2013, 04:35 PM   #16
JZ2
Banned

JZ2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
Rosters have been pathetic and ignored this whole gen for what 8 years and nothing has changed. Why should we think differently? Sorry there's allot of people around operation sports that run circles around the 2k insider and they don't get paid or work for 2k.

I just purchased a new Xbox 360 last night. I really wanted a PS3 but my main game I play is NBA 2k every year. I got a Xbox 360 because the best rosters I feel are Rashadi's and he does them on Xbox. Even though I really wanted a PS3 over a 360 I just didn't want the headache of spending months trying to mess with rosters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »